Hunter Exam: Ch. 13

the guards escorted Y/N and the others at the last stage where all candidates who have gone through the stages of Trick Tower arrive. They all take a seat on the ground and lie down to rest. After the fierce combat, they are gathering their strength and energy.

"How did the cursed spirit manage to shift its domain? I had no idea it was possible; something like that would necessitate a mastery of cursed energy manipulation," Y/N pondered.

"Unless... Is it possible that the Trick Tower layout was the foundation of its domain? It would make maneuvering its domain a lot easier,"

"What took you so long? Y/N," Gon asked.

"Well, it's just that the spot you guys were at kept moving away from me."

"How so?" Killua interjected.

"The spot continued shifting whenever I went close to its domain; it was able to control and relocate its position in space," Y/N explained. Providing a summary of what occurred.

"Man, that's insane," Leorio commented. "It's crazy to think that people fight against those things. I don't want to run into whatever that was ever again. Just thinking about it..."

"Don't worry, the majority of spirits are weak and harmless," Y/N reassured.

"The hostile spirits are rare, and Pro Hunters or even ordinary people can deal with them. Strong spirits, such as the one earlier, are extremely rare, 1 in 500 million rare," Y/N relayed.

"So we were just unlucky to encounter that thing?" Leorio asked.

"Pretty much."

"I see," Leorio said meekly.

*Flashback*
Leorio's POV

The once-solid ground turned into a void as I felt myself fall below. I hit the ground with I thud. Man, why do I always fall awkwardly? It's annoying and it hurts a lot!

Anyway, I rise off the ground and take a look around. It's completely dark when I realize... I'm probably trapped with that devil.

Crap! What am I going to do, Goddammit?

I'm not going to be able to beat that monster; I'm going to die!

I'm overthinking things. I need to concentrate on getting out of here.

I mean, Y/N should be able to handle it, right? He's only suited for this situation. We can always count on him to come to our rescue.

I go blindly into the darkness, unable to see what is ahead of me. My eyes haven't yet acclimated to the dark. But I'm hoping to get out of here as soon as possible.

After walking for a short while, I bump into someone. I get my hopes up, thinking it's one of my companions.

"Kurapika? Y/N? Is that you?"

I wasn't sure whether it was one of them, or even if it was one of them at all. I was only hoping someone would come to our aid.

That devil is the last person I want to see again.

But... I guess it's just my luck. More like the lack of luck.

When the person turned around, it was exactly that demon I didn't want to encounter.

I take a step back and stare at the monster for a few moments.

I spin around to flee, but it was there in front of me again, and much closer this time!