Hunter Exam: Ch. 4

The 367 candidates have made it to the other side of the tunnel. The climb to the summit was difficult, truly difficult, and it took all of their energy to get there. But they persevere, and now they find themselves in the Milsy Wetlands, a strange land. The test up here was similar to phase one; just follow Mr. Satotz and you'll get through the second level, but it was easier said than done due to fogs on fogs obstructing the participants' vision. Some, on the other hand, were keeping up, and one, in particular, had no trouble due to his unique eyes.

"Gon, I'll go on ahead, but don't worry. I'll come back for you."

"Sure, go right ahead," said Gon as Killua nodded and ran faster

"Hey, you," Killua said, calling out for someone.

"What is it?" Y/N inquired since he was the one who had been called out.

"Why did you hold back during the race?" Killua said, evidently irritated by Y/N's restrain.

"Held back? I told you didn't I, I—" before Y/N could continue, he was interpreted by Killua.

"Don't lie to me! You say ran out of energy but you didn't sweat when you emerged. So don't bother lying this time."

"*Sigh* I merely wanted to feel defeated, but it's impossible to feel competitive when I intentionally hold back; after all, standing at the peak of power is monotonous," Y/N admitted honestly, seeing no reason to deceive Killua. It's the very least he can do if he is found lying, Y/N reasoned. Of course, Y/N won't do little favors like this all the time, but Killua is an exception.

"Really, for that silly reason?" Killua scoffed, "Standing at the peak. So you mean you're the strongest?" Killua then asked Y/N.

"I do, I'm probably the strongest person you've ever met," said Y/N

"Bullshit, you're probably all talk," Killua said, doubting the statements that Y/N claims. Little does he know just how wrong he is. "Fine, let's your that strong. Then what are you capable of?" Killua then said to Y/N as he was curious to see what outlandish things Y/N would say this time.

"Fine, if you can reach the second stage before me, then I'll show you what I'm capable of," Y/N adds after a little pause. "Do you accept that?" Y/N proposed to Killua. But this time, Y/N wasn't going to hold back as much.

"But we don't even know where that is," Killua said with a scowl.

"Oh, giving up already? Someone who falters for such measly reasons has no right to face me, let alone a snot-nosed child like you," Y/N taunted Killua arrogantly. Y/N said as he hope to bait Killua to try his best.

"Hmph, fine. I accept your challenge, old man," Killua said as he came to a halt and took a runner's stance. Y/N did the same thing. Killua was confident that he would defeat Y/N in this race.

"I'll show you how fast I truly am"

Y/N knelt down on his knees, placing his right foot in front and his left foot in the rear. Y/N relaxed his posture, humped his back, and placed his hand on the ground. As candidates walked by, they looked curiously at Y/N and Killua, who were both crouched in a runner's stance, but some gazed too long and tripped on shrooms, that put them to sleep.

"Ready?"

"No need to ask, just go!" Killua said as he dashed at a maximum speed of 80kph, leaving Y/N behind as he surpass the rest of the candidates who were jogging. Killua was concealing his true speed from Gon, as he just wanted someone to talk to, but since he doesn't view Y/N as someone he can take to. Thus not holding back when it came to Y/N.

"Heh, he's dead last," Killua thought as he outran Mr. Satotz and was now trying to navigate his way through the forest, avoiding plants, shrubbery, and wildlife that would get in his way to the second stage.