Hunter Exam: Ch. 3

Dodge and wave, Y/N did avoid the crowd of people.

"Didn't expect a lot of people would be condensed in this one spot, but I see the starting line!" Y/N thought as he sped through the mob of people and rushed at the very start of the race.

"YAY! Looks like I won," Y/N said, raising his fist in triumph.

"No fair!" Gon said as he arrived seconds after Y/N had won.

"Huff... Huff... Huff... You two are fast. L-lets slow down here a little," said Leorio, who was gassed out. 

You're really fast, Y/N. You were able to outrun me, which is remarkable for anyone," Gon complimented Y/N.

 "Yeah, I was endowed with a strong body."

"Already waste your energy for this pointless game," Kurapika grumbled, annoyed by their antics.

Y/N shrugs Kurapika off and turns to face the crowd, which is all gazing at Y/N and Gon's group.

 "Hmm, the atmosphere here is tense. Feels like the tension might strangle me. Still, they're not a threat," Y/N observed, but Kurapika interjected.

"Get a grip, Y/N, can't you read the mood? Everyone here is taking it seriously while you're here fooling about," Kurapika said.

"Woah, no need for that stick up your ass, Kurapika. After tall, too tense, then your too stiff," Y/N said.

"Tsk, with that type of mindset you won't be able to pass this exam," Kurapika bellowed.

Though Kurapika's response didn't upset Y/N, he was still annoyed. "Oh? I'm pretty confident someone who is having fun performed better than someone nervous, but that's just me," Y/N retorted Kurapika.

Kurapika answered, "Hmph. Fine, then don't take this seriously."

"Who said I wasn't taking this seriously. Cuz I'm taking this gravely seriously, and that's why I'm here to enjoy." Y/N stated that he is taking this hunter exam very seriously.

"Whatever the case may be, people like you inevitably fail," Kurapika replied, dismissing Y/N.

"Hehe. Your style of thinking is incredibly shallow; you know, not everything serious is unenjoyable." Kurapika was going to speak, intent on debating with Y/N, but before he could—

"Excuse me! You guys," someone shouted, Y/N and Gon's team turned to see a short male with a green bean for ahead.

"Here, your badge number," the bean head continued, handing the Y/N badge and the rest to Gon and his friends.

"407," whispered Y/N as he examined and put on his badge.

"I haven't seen you guys before," Y/N says as he turns his head to the noise and notices a man jumping down the ground and approaching the crew. Gon strikes into a conversation with Tonpa, a fat short guy who introduces himself.

"People here are pretty shady," Y/N thought to himself, "but this man right here is the most sus. I can detect bad intentions," Y/N thought, using his Six Eye's ability to discern people's motives.

"Ahhh! AHHHH! It hurts!" screams a man in agony, drawing attention to the soon-to-be amputee victim.

"Nen is destroying his arm," Y/N observes as the guy writhes in pain. Y/N then turns to face a man dressed strangely, with chest cards symbols on the back of his shirt and sleek back pink hair. Y/N shrugged as he leaned against the wall.

"Hisoka, huh. He seems like fun."

Tonpa, the fat boy, offered Y/N a drink, which he was about to decline when he had an idea.