Hunter Exam: Ch. 7

2:14 AM

"Aghhh~ What time is it?" applicants 288 murmurs, better known as Tonpa.

When Tonpa wakes up, he pulls out his phone from under his pillow and looks at the time: "It's 2:14 a.m., and everyone should be asleep." He also looks about for anyone who could be awake. So far, it appears that everyone is asleep.

"Perfect, Y/N must be asleep as well, so here is my time to exact my vengeance!" Tonpa thought as he awaited the opportunity to ambush Y/N while he slept. Tonpa stands up and treads carefully to the exit door, making sure not to make any noise. As soon as he reaches the door, he successfully leaves, he closes the door and goes from room to room and hallway to hallway in search of Y/N.

=2:29 AM=

"What the hell? He's not in any of the guest rooms. Where the hell is he?" Tonpa thought, frustrated that he can't locate Y/N. He searches every inch of the blimp but no Y/N to be found.

Tonpa mumbled furiously, "All that's left is the kitchen and the bathroom, but he can't be sleeping in there? Right. Tsk, this is irritating." "But there's this room I haven't checked, I've walked by it a few times assuming it's the staff room, but Y/N may be inside there," Tonpa thinks as he recalls the location of the room and starts to search it.

Tonpa walks to the location where the room is after a time. He's standing right in front of the door, which has nothing special about it. Tonpa opens the door, which was surprisingly unlocked, and to his astonishment, his absolute horror, the room was— it looked like—

— A luxury apartment. Inside, there is a comfy bed, drawers, and a table with items on it. The floors were carpeted, the tiling was made of elegant wood, and there was a TV in front of the bed, as well as a large window that showed off the scenery outside and a door that led to the bathroom. It appeared to be a typical high-end residence. Y/N, who was sleeping on the king-sized bed by himself, was the only one who occupied it.

"What the hell is this?! Why does that arrogant brat get to have this place all to himself while I and the other candidates have to share a dingy cramped room!" Tonpa sneers as he approaches the room, which resembled a luxury apartment more than anything else.

He approaches the sleeping Y/N. He stands just right behind him and thinks his next moves through.

"I'll show you how the cruelty of the Hunter Exam; a brat like you shouldn't even be allowed to take part; it's just for the most hardened and competent individuals, not a brat like you!" Tonpa murmured angrily. "This snot-nosed brat. He's probably some rich kid who's had a golden spoon in his mouth his whole life, and I wouldn't be surprised if he hired people to uncover the hunter exam for him. Tsk, I'm angry, and you're just the right person to take my wrath out on!" Tonpa reasoned.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a knuckle duster he'd been carrying around with him. Het puts it on and grips the knuckle duster. He raises his fist up and the air and punches it downwards to Y/N face.

"Huh?"

But then it came to a halt, and his hand was frozen in mid-air, and the force behind it ceased. Then he attempts to bring it closer to Y/N, but it won't let him, as if he's pushing the ground.

"What? What's happening?"

*Voom~*

"Huh?" Tonpa looks down and sees that Y/N is no longer at that spot, he disappeared somehow. "Where is he?" Tonpa yelled.