Chapter 6: A Move-In Struggle

Not long ago, Briar has moved into a dorm that is rundown and is running with ghosts. Grim, who has tried to snuck into the school, finds his way to the dorm and meets Briar once more. And end up meeting a small doll named Sereia, who reveals to use water type magic. When the ghost attacks, the three work together to defeat them.

Grim shouts, "Myaah!"

And unleashes his fire powers at the ghosts.

"Take that!" Sereia cries out and fires her bubbles at the ghosts.

The ghosts begin to panic.

One calls out, "We gotta get out here! Before we disappear for good!"

With that, the ghosts retreat from the fight.

Grim is surprised, "h-huh? Did we... win?"

"I think we did," Briar says.

Sereia cheers, "Yay!"

"You both were incredible," Briar happily says.

Just then, Grim feels out of breath, and looks like he's gonna collapse.

"Are you alright, Grim?" Briar asks.

"Aw, geeze, I was scared outta my..." Grim says, frightened and out of breath.

But he changed his attitude, "I mean, they didn't faze me one bit! Just a walk in the park for a mage of my caliber! Whaddaya got to say now, ghosts? That's right!"

Briar and Sereia giggle in reply.

"Well, what matters now is that we got the ghosts off our backs," Briar says.

"What do we do now?" Sereia asks.

"It's best we start cleaning up the place a bit, so we can..." Briar says.

Suddenly, they all hear footsteps. They all turn their heads to see Dire Crowley, the headmage of the school, walking over with a bag that has a small box and a container. Sereia becomes frightened and quickly hides behind Briar's legs, and clutches on the robe with her small hand.

Crowley happily says, "Good evening. In another gesture of my immense kindness, I brought you dinner."

But soon notices Grim and is not pleased, "Wait. That's the creature we ejected for causing trouble at orientation! What is it doing here?!"

"Takin' care of yer ghost problem, that's what. You're welcome, by the way!" Grim says with his arms crossed and sounds confident.

Dire Crowley turns to Briar and demands, "What is the meaning of this, Briar?"

But then, notices the little doll clutching Briar from behind, "And who is this small doll?"

"Well... it's like this..." Briar says.

With that, Briar explains to her how Grim is able to sneak back here and find his way to the dorm. Then explains how she meets little Sereia, who is actually a doll that has unique water magic abilities. Including that they run into the ghost, and they all have to work together to get rid of them.

And then Briar concludes, "That's it."

Crowley says, "But you know, on that topic, I do seem to recall that this dorm had a mischievous ghost problem."

Then ays, "Ah, yes... that's why it was abandoned, in fact. The ghost scared away all the students."

"Huh? " Briar replies, dumbfounded.

She can't believe that the hadmage of the school is either never mentioned or has forgotten to mention that there are ghosts in this dorm, and they're the reason why this place is abandoned.