Chapter 16: Egos Clashing

Still in the mine, Briar and the others end up encountering a frightening monster. They soon figure out what the monster is saying, that there are still magestones in the cave. Deuce decides to charge after it to attack the creature.

The monster shouts, "Begone! Begone! Begooone!"

Before Deuce can attack, the monster swats Deuce away and the young boy falls to the ground.

Sereia gasps, "Deuce!"

"Aw, crap! He's got loosey-Deucey on the ropes! Not on my watch!" Ace says.

Then charges for an attack as well, "Heeyah!"

And performs his wind spell with his magic pen, but has no effect on the monster.

The monster lets out a roar, "Rrroooarrrrgh!" And swats Ace away as well.

Soon, the monster begins to approach Grim.

Grim screams in fear, "Myaaah! Stay away from us!"

Then Grim unleashes his fire power, but it has no effect as well.

The monster roars, "Grrraaawrrr!"

Sereia then screams, "Go away, scary monster!"

Then fires her water and bubbles at the monster, but has no effects either. Trinket even flies over and tries to hit the monster on the glass head, but it's not working on it either.

Grim is shocked, "It's like nothin's even hurrtin' it!"

Sereia turns to Briar and asks, concerned, "Briar, are you okay?"

"I... I think so..." Briar says.

She is soon able to open her eyes and look at the monster standing in front of them. But suddenly, she notices a strange glow.

"Huh?" Briar questions.

And at that point, her pain begins to disappear a little, and notices something glowing from behind the monster.

Briar turns to the others, "Hey guys, look over there! There's something sparkling behind the monster!"

The others look ahead and notice the flashing light behind the monster.

Suddenly, Briar hears a faint sound, almost like someone is saying.... Help. That makes Briar shocked and wonder if they're not the only ones in the mine.

Ace exclaims, "She's right! Behind the monster! There's something sparkling in the mineshaft!"

"Could it have been a magestone?!" Deuce wonders in shock.

"It must be!" Sereia speaks out.

Just then, the monster roars, "GWAAAAAAAAAH! Nooo give yooouuu stooooooooone!"

Grim turns to Briar, "Briar, we need to book it, and fast! That thing's gonna pound us into tuna paste!"

Briar is soon able to struggle to stand up, "You're right... we need to make a run for it..."

Ace rushes to Briar and asks, "Are you going to be okay?"

"I... I think I can manage," Briar says.

"Then let's hurry out of the cave before that monster crushes us," Deuce says, and picks up Sereia.

Ace then picks up Briar, "I'll help you. Can't leave you behind."

The monster lets out a, "GRRRAAAWRRR!"

With that, the group retreats from the mine and away from the giant monster. After they escape from the mine and the monster, they find themselves at the Dwarfs' old home. They quickly hurry inside and close the door.