Chapter 19: A Lesson Learned

And so, after their adventure into the Dwarfs' Mine, retrieve the magestone, and have two new friends, everyone returns through the Dark Mirror and into the Mirror Chamber. They all land on their feet in the mirror chamber.

"Yay. We're back," Sereia happily says.

"I'm tired," Grim says, tired.

"Don't worry, we'll get some sleep after we talk to the headmage," Briar says.

"Yeah. I'm ready to get this over with," Ace says.

Suddenly, they hear someone say, "I see you've returned."

The group turns their heads to see Crolwey walking towards them.

"We're back safe and sound," Briar says.

"And we brought back the magestone," Decue says.

Then Sereia takes one out of the bag and presents it to Crowley.

Crowley is surprised, "Pardon?! You're telling me you actually went into the Dwarfs' mine in search of the magestone?

"Uh...?" Yes?" The group says, looking confused.

Crowley says, a little surprised, "I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it. And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone! And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion document."

This comes as a shock for those who know about it. It's like Crowley expects them to do nothing, or didn't expect them to actually try and find one.

Grim is the first to express his frustration, "Are you serious?! While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!"

"'Monster'...?" Crowley says, confused.

"Yes! There was a big monster in the mine!" Sereia says.

"A big nasty one. It nearly killed us!" Ace says.

Then Jasper says, "But we were able to stop it."

"And Briar really saved us," Tanzanite adds.

Crowley turns to the two boys, "And who are you two?"

"These are the twins, Jasper and Tanzanite. They were in the mines looking for some stones when they were trapped in the cave by the monster," Briar says.

Then Decue says, "But we were able to save them and stop the monster, especially Briar."

"Yeah. Briar really does have magic, and was able to defeat it as well," Ace says.

Curious, Crowley asks, "Would you kindly relate this story in full?"

Sometime later, the group arrives in Crowley's office. It has a long purple carpet, with a desk on the other side. There are purple curtains with green stars and crescent moon designs on it. There are also seven photographs of the Great Seven floating in the air.

There, Briar and the others explain to them everything that has happened in the cafe. From finding the mine and running into the ghost and monster. How they worked together to distract the monster, meet and rescue the twins, and are able to escape. Then goes explaining how they try to battle it, and how Briar is able to use magic to defeat it.

Hearing the story, Crowley replies, "Hmmm. So a mysterious monster was living in the mines. And the eight of you worked together to destroy it. Then, Briar was able to use magic as well. And then, you all brought its magestone back to me?"

"I don't know that I'd call it 'working together.'" Ace replies.

Then Deuce says, "It was more like we just happen to share the same goal at the same time..."