Chapter 20: The Prologue Adjourned

After the long day and evening, Briar and her friends are walking down the hall to get to their dorms. After the crazy day they have, they all deserve a good night's rest.

Deuce sighs, "Phew... we managed to avoid expulsion. That was a close one!"

"Yeah, no kidding!" Ace replies.

Grim however is very happy, "La la la la la! I'm a student at Night Raven College! La la la! I'm gonna be the top mage on campus in no time. Enjoy eating my dust, boys!"

Briar, Sereia, and Trinket giggle in reply.

Ace then says, "Big words for a sentient pile of lint who's literally only a third a student. Still... good for you," Ace says.

"I guess we're schoolmates now. Grim, Sereia, Trinket, Tanzanite, Jasper, Briar... welcome to Night Raven," Deuce says.

"Thank you. I just hope this all goes well..." Briar says.

"Well, the way you squared off against that monster even when you didn't have a bit of magic at the time showed a whole lot of guts," Deuce says.

"Thanks Deuce," Briar says.

"And to be honest, I feel a little about being her. Well, I didn't have much experience with magic, and besides Sereia and Trinket, I'm going to be the only girl attending here," Briar says.

"I'm sure you'll do fine. Despite that, you were able to get us out of the mess we were in. With steel nerves like that, you'll be fine. Even in this school." Deuce says with pride.

Briar giggles in reply.

Ace asks, "Say, what's the deal with you sometimes talking like a punk, anyway?"

A little confused, Deuce asks, "Huh? D-do I? I think I talk pretty normally."

"Whatever. Let's just get back to the dorm. After nearly getting expelled, the last thing we need is a curfew violation," Ace says.

Then Deuce asks, "Were from Heartslabyul House, by the way. What dorm are you guys in?"

The dorm we're in has been abandoned for years... We've taken to callin' it' Ramshackle House.'" Grim says with a grown.

Then makes a frightened expression, "The ol' dump is literally full of ghosts," Yeesh."

"Hey, count your blessings. I'd rather deal with ghosts than have to see this guy's smug, self-important scowl every day," Ace says.

Then Deuce turns to Ace, "Better than your lazy, dopey grin."

"Keep bawling, crybaby. I haven't forgotten how you almost wept when he said you were expelled. Catch ya later, Briar. you to everyone," Ace says with a smug look on his face.

"See you later," Briar says.

With that, Ace and Deuce go head back to their dorm for a goodnight's rest.

Briar giggles, "Those two seem like they're made for each other."

"I agree. Those two are made for each other. Maybe they're the type who bond through squabbling?" Grim replies.

Sereia and Trinket giggle in reply.

"This sure has been a long day," Tanzanite says.

"I could use some sleep after this," Jasper says.

Briar turns to Tanzanite, "How's your ankle?"

"It's feeling a little better, I guess I just sprain it," Tanzanite says.

"Well then, let's head back to the dorm! Tomorrow when we wake, it won't be as janitors," Grim says.

He tears up and says, "Finally, finally... my glorious education as a proper Night Raven College Student is about to begin!"

"I have to agree. And we'll work hard with our magic and become the best we can be," Sereia says.

"And we get to be with other students," Tanzanite says.

Jasper crosses his arms, "I suppose going to school again wouldn't be so bad."

Trinket happily rings in reply.

"Well then, let's all work together and do our best," Briar says.

Brar then places her hand out, "Ready team."

"Alright! I'm ready!" Grim happily says, and places his paw on Briar's hand.

Sereia does the same, "I'm ready."

"Ready!" The twins happily say, and place their hands on Briar's.

Trinket happily rings with an answer, and places her tiny hand on top of the pile.

"Alright team. Let's work together to become great students in the school, learn about magic, and do what we can to help the school," Briar says.

"And to help you learn more about your magic and your medallion," Sereia says.

Grim smiles, "Right."

"Then let's go. Ramshackle Dorm," Briar happily says.

Then they all raise their hand and shout, "Ramshackle Dorm!"

And so, Briar and her new friends begin their new adventure together. No longer janitors, and by starting tomorrow, they'll be official students of Night Raven College. It will become a struggle and will have responsibilities, Briar and her friends will do their best to get through college. And Briar, will do her best to be part of this magical world, and understand about the magic she'll come to possess, and maybe one day, learn about her forgotten past.