Chapter 15: Frantic Dashing

Briar and the others soon notice seeing more ghosts close by. However, they seem to not pay attention to them. Suddenly, Briar begins to feel a strange sensation. She soon begins to feel something within her head. She suddenly feels dizzy and a sharp pain in her head. She clutches her head to feel the strange pain coming from her head.

Everyone, excluding Sereia and Trinket, don't seem to notice it, and are worried about the ghosts that are in front of them.

Sereia asks, "Briar, what's wrong?"

Trinket replies in her ringing, showing concern.

"I... I don't know. My head is starting to hurt all of the sudden," Briar answers, feeling the pain of her head growing.

Sereia turns her head to notice the others discussing among themselves.

"More ghosts?! They're floating here too!" Acey says.

"If we stop to fight, we'll never get anywhere," Deuce says, "Let's just keep moving.

But Ace says, "Sure, but don't act like we voted you team leader. The only reason we're here in the first place is because of that stupid stunt you pulled."

"Oh? I'm pretty sure this all started because you tried to shrink your window-cleaning punishment." Deuce retaliates.

"So we're bringing up ancient history now?" Ace angrily says. "Then if you wanna get down to the brass track, this all started when a furball torched that statue!"

Grim feels offended, "Myah?! Maybe you shouldn't have made fun of us, then! And you nearly torch her and Sereia with your wind attack, and change the direction of my fire towards them!"

Unknown to them, Briar gently falls to her knees and places Sereia down on the ground. She grits her teeth as she clutches her head as the pain is getting worse.

"What?! I didn't hear this when you explained it to me!" Deuce asks, shocked.

"So you're going to blame me for having an anger issue with your overgrown fur ball!" Ace angrily says.

"It's your fault for making fun of us in the first place! You deserve to be burned!" Grim angrily says.

Just then, Deuce shouts, "Guys! We're already in hot water, remember?! If we don't come back with the magestone by morning, we're all being expelled!"

"Yeah, which is why we don't need you ordering the rest of us around. It gets old real fast," Ace says.

Just them, Sereia cries out, "Everyone calm down! Stop this fighting!"

The three then looks at the doll in shock, but notices the concerned look on her face.

"What's wrong, you look upset?" Ace asks.

"It-It's Briar... She um..." Sereia answers.

This makes the others grow worried.

Then Sereia says, "There's something wrong..."

Sereia then turns her head behind, making the others look and notice Briar is practically on her knees and clutching her head. By the expression of her face, Briar looks like she's in terrible pain. Trinket tries to calm her down, but the pain in her head is too much for her to stand.

"Briar!" Grim panics.

The others run to Briar and kneel down to her.

"Briar, are you okay?" Ace asks.

"You don't look very good," Deuce says.

"Gu-Guys... there's... there's something here..." Briar answers, but her voice sounds very scared.

"Here? What's here?" Ace asks.

"Something... it has a strange energy.... Frightening one... And hearing a... a strange voice..." Briar answers, clutching her head and on the verge of tears.

Suddenly, they hear a voice, "iiivvv... ...oooouuu..."

"Huh?!" Everyone reacts in shock and fright.

"Wh-where's that comin' from?" Ace asks.

Then the voice appears again, "...neeevvvaaa... ...iiivvv... ...ooouuu..."

"Sounds like... it's getting closer..." Deuce says, feeling uneasy.

Frightened and still in pain, Briar is able to say, "I-It... It's here..."

Just then, they begin to hear growling noises, and something dripping, making everyone feel uneasy. Just then approaching them, they see a large black oozing kind of creature approaching them. It has a broken blass dark dripping black ooze from its head. And it appears it's wearing a brown hat, and wears a dark red or burgundy color long sleeve tattered shirt with yellow buttons. It's also holding a lantern lighting purple light, and a large pickaxe.

It looks at the group and lets out a fighting and ghastly voice, "Stoooonesss... Stooonesss aaare miiiiine!"

Soon, everyone, but Briar screams in fright, "Bwah! There it is!"

Just then, the monster swings it's pickaxe towards Briar. Deuce quickly reacts and pulls Briar away in the nick of time.

Briar looks up, "De-Deuce..."

"Are you okay?" Briar asks.

"I... I don't... my head is hurting like crazy..." Briar says, in pain.

Deuce looks at the creature, "What is that?"

"Myaaah!" Grim screams in fear, "No one said there'd be monsters! Let's get outta here!"

"That thing's super creepy!" Ace says.

But then remembers, "But didn't it just say something about 'stones'?!"

"Wait, what?!" Grim says, confused.

"I... I think I heard it too," Sereia says.

Trinker quickly nods her head in reply.

Suddenly, the monster says, "Stoonesss... ... nevvva give stoooonesss...!"

Soon, everyone reacts in surprise, "Ah!"

Deuce soon realizes, "So there ARE still magestones!"

Then Grim says in fright, "Myaaah... Even as a master sorcerer, I... I don't think I can take that thing down!"

"But we need a magestone or we'll be expelled!" Deuce says.

Then declares, "I'm going in!"

"Are you out of your mind?!" Ace exclaims.

Briar is able to say, "You... you can't do it alone! It... it's too... it's too dangerous!"

"I won't be expelled! No matter what!" Deuce declares.

Then turns to Briar, "Briar, wait here..."

He then gently has Briar sitting on the ground.

"Deuce... wait..." Briar calls out, worried.

With that, Deuce begins to charge towards the monster with a battle cry, determined to defeat the monster no matter what.

Everyone screams, "DEUCE!"