Chapter 13: An Urgent Deadline

Briar and the others continue to chase after Grim who is trying to get out of washing the windows. They rush in to catch him, but every time they try to catch him, Grim jumps away from table to table, and soon begins to climb on the wall, with the help of his wings.

Ace angrily says, "Argg! Stop jumping around like that!"

Soon enough, Grim is able to climb up to the large chandelier hanging on the ceiling. It's very large, decorated with yellow orbs with lights inside. Now Grim is above the chandelier and doesn't plan on getting down.

Grim laughs, "Heh heh heh! Catch me if you can!"

Deuce angrily says, "No fair climbing onto the chandelier, you coward!"

"Grim, you can't stay up there, it's dangerous!" Sereia panics.

"She's right. I know you can fly and such, but you have to come down now! You'll get hurt!" Briar calls out.

Deuce then tries to think of a a plan, "I haven't really learned flight magic yet... What could I summo to hold onto him..? Hmmm..."

Deuce thinks as hard as he can to figure out a way to get Grim down.

Suddenly, an idea pops into his head, "Oh! That's it!" and brings out his pen.

"Did you come up with somethi-" Ace asks, but notices Decue is pointing his pen at him.

Ace panics, "Oh, hey! Stop! What are you doing?! Why are you pointing your pen at me?!"

"Because I'm going to launch you!" Deuce answers.

That makes everyone gasp in shock, especially Ace.

"Whaaaa?!" Briar exclaims.

"Are you kidding me?!"Ace panics, but Deuce has caught Ace in his magic.

And begins to lift him off the ground, making Ace freak you, "Bwaaah! Put me down!"

Ace continues to panic, "Seriously, do not launch me! Abort! ABORT!"

But Decue ignores him, "Just make sure to grab him tight."

"I've got him in my sights, and..." Deuce says, aiming Ace towards Grim and the chandelier.

But Briar cries out in a panic, "Wait Decue, I don't think this is a good idea! If you launch Ace up there, then..."

But Decue shouts, "Go!"

"DEUCE NO!" Briar and Sereia cry out.

But Decue launches Ace into the air towards Grim and the chandelier. Ace screams in fright as he is launched into the air. On the chandelier, Grim notices Ace and yelps in fright. Before anyone notices, Ace ends up crashing into the chandelier. That causes the chandelier to break off of the support and wired holding it in place, and Ace, Grim, and the chandelier, falls to the ground with a loud crash, spreading the debris and the dust around the area.

Sereia gasps, "The chandelier!"

"Oh no. They're really done now!"

Ace sits on the ground as he coughs out the debris and dust, "I cannot believe you just did that!"

"Myaaah..." Grim replies, feeling dizzy from the impact and passes out.

"Oh, right!" Deuce says, realizing a mistake. "I probably should have come up with a way to soften your landing after you caught him..."

Furious, Ace stands and viciously glares at Deuce, "You complete and total moron! We got Grim, but we broke the chandelier!"

"Come on guys, we need to clean up this mess! If the headmage finds out about this..." Briar says, trying to stop the fighting.