Chapter 10: Mutual Aggression

Not long ago, Briar, Grim, and Sereia are going to start their new job in the school staff, mainly cleaning some parts of the school. They end up meeting a student named Ace and explains to them about the seven statues who are at the school. Then out of nowhere, saying an insulting remark towards Grim. Grim is shocked and soon frowns at his remark.

Suddenly, Ace begins laughing, "Pfft... Ah ha ha! I can't hold it back anymore! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

He manages to stop laughing and says, "Come on, you're the ones who turned the orientation into such a fiasco, right?"

He turns to Briar, "The one summoned by the Dark Mirror who can't even use magic..."

Then turns to Grim, "And the monster no one summoned at all."

Then says, showing signs of laughter, "It took everything I had not to burst into laughter right in the middle of the ceremony!"

Grim feels insulted and angrily says, "H-hey! You don't gotta be a jerk about it!"

"So in the end, neither of you got admitted, and now you're janitors? Ah ha ha! SO lame!" Ace says with laughter.

Briar crosses her arms with a disapproving expression on her face with a thought, "It's not like I'm able to get home, nor do I expect to be summoned into a magic school with boys."

"What did you just call me?!" Grim demands, with anger beginning to boil.

"And you're both so clueless you don't even know who the Great Seven are. Not one of them!" Ace adds.

"Maybe if he heard that I came from a different world, we would overthink it," Briar says in thought, trying to seal off her anger towards Ace for making fun of her.

"Maybe before you try getting into the academy again, you ought to take a second crack at kindergarten?" Ace remarks."

Then turns to Briar, "And maybe next time try to go to a public school or an all girl's school. Ah ha ha ha ha!"

That makes Blair angry, but continues to remain calm.

Grim grits his teeth in anger, "Grrrrr..."

Briar and Sereia notice that Grim is at his limits.

"Uh oh. This is not going to end well," Sereia says, concerned.

"Okay Grim, let's just calm down and..." Briar says.

But Ace cuts her off, "Anyway, just thought I'd tease you a bit. And man am I glad I did. It's a blast! Unlike you, I actually have class to get to, so I'll let you get back to picking up trash. Bye!"

Then Ace begins to walk away.

Grim has just reached his limits, "Myuh-uh! You ain't walkin' away from me!"

Briar holds her hands out calmly, "Now Grim, please, try to remain calm..."

"It's too late for that!" Grim says with rage in his eyes.

"Grim, no!" Briar cries out.

He then begins to activate his fire, "Myaaaah!" And aims it close to Ace.

That catches his attention in shock, "Whoa!"

Then glares at Grim, "What was that for?!"

Grim angrily says, "No one makes fun of Grim, Master of Fire! I'm gonna make that explodey-head of yours explode all over again!"

"Explodey-head?!" Ace replies from the remark.

Then questions, "You wanna throw down with me, shorty? You got some guts."