Chapter 11: Window Scrubbing

Throughout the day, Briar along with Sereia, Grim, and their new friend Trinket, have been cleaning up the areas at the school. They clean the trash, clean some of the equipment in the classroom, dusting, washing, cleaning, and all kinds of chores for them to do. They even have to clean the Queen of Hearts statue after the little incident of earlier. They've been clean for an entire day, but they are able to have lunch breaks. Of course, Briar notices many of the boys giving her word looks, mainly because other than Sereia and Trinket, Briar is basically the only human girl in a school full of boys.

After the day of cleaning, Briar, Grim, Sereia, and Trinket walk into the cafeteria, feeling exhausted, but their work is not done yet.

Grim groans, "I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!"

Sereia sternly turns to Grim, "Well maybe you should have thought of it before getting into a fight with another student."

"Calm down guys. I know the punishment seems bad, but it's best to try and learn from this experience," Briar calmly says.

Then turns to Grim, "Especially you Grim. You need to learn to control yourself."

"Yeah. I know," Grim says annoyed.

He places his paws on his hips and says, "What's buggin' me is, Ace ain't even here yet! To make us wait, after what he did... Grrr!"

"You're right. Where is Ace?" Sereia wonders, looking around the empty cafeteria.

"I don't know, but it will be best for us to start cleaning half of the windows and leave them for Ace when he gets here," Briar says.

"All this cleaning is boring, can't we do something else?" Grim asks, annoyed.

Briar calmly says, "Come on guys, we can try to make this fun."

Trinket nods her head as she talks in ringing sounds.

Grim scratches the back of his head, "How come she sounds like a bell?"

"That's probably the way she talks," Briar says.

"It's too bad we can't understand what she's saying," Sereia says.

"I'm sure we'll think of something on how we can talk to her. She seems good at figuring out a way to communicate with us," Briar says.

Trinket speaks in ringing, and picks up a cloth close by.

"You wanna help clean the windows?" Briar asks.

Trinket nods her head with a ring.

"Alright, but be careful. I have a feeling your wings aren't waterproof," Briar replies.

Trinket nods her head.

"Well then, it's best we get to work. The sooner we clean the windows, the sooner we'll be done for the day," Briar says.

"Okay," Sereia says.

Grim groans, "Fine."

Soon, the group grabs sponges, and Trinket grabs some cloth and they begin to clean up the windows.

5 Minutes Later:

Briar and the others have cleaned up at least eight of the windows, but Ace isn't here.

10 Minutes Later:

Briar and the others end up cleaning up 12 more windows, but Ace still hasn't shown up.

30 Minutes Later:

The group has been able to clean up fifty windows, and so far, Ace is still not here.