Chapter 17: A United Front

In order to get the magestone, they need to escape the frightening black oozing monster that is in the cave. With that, Briar has come up with a plan to get the monster away from the magestone so they can get it without any trouble. They can only hope that the plan works.

Grim calls out, "H-hey, monster! We're, uh... W-we're over here!"

"Ye-yeah! Come and... get us... you bully!" Sereia calls out.

Trinket even rings as she waves her arms.

The monster hears them and lets out a roar, "Grrraaawrrrr! BEGOOOOOONE!"

Grim cries out, "He's comin' our way! Briar!"

Briar calls out, "Right over here!"

The monster roars, "Grrurgh? Thieeef waaay toooooo... Neeevvva giiive stoooones! Neeevvvaaa!"

Just then, the monster begins to charge towards the group of four, and ready to attack them.

Grim panics, "Eep! If it lands one of those punches, we're toast!"

"And it doesn't look happy!" Sereia panics.

"We have to lure him as far from the cave as fast as we can," Briar says.

With that, the three begin to run away as the monster begins to chase after them.

The monster screams, "Begooone! BEGOOOOONE!"

The group hurries as they run away from the mine with the monster close on their tail. They continue to run through the forest close by until they reach a specific part of the woods.

Grim calls out, "We got him a good distance away from the mine!"

Briar then says, "Now's our chance!"

The four continue to run and are able to dodge the monster.

Briar shouts, "Alright guys, we're counting on you!"

With that, Ace and Deuce arrive on the scene.

"You bet. I got this!" Ace says, and brings out his magic pen, "One extra-large gust of wind, comin' up!"

With that, Ace cast his wind spell and attacked the monster.

"Alright! Now, hope you're um, ready for a bubble bath!" Sereia says.

Then blows out her bubble like magic to attack the monster.

Then it's Grim's turn, "With a side of Grim's blazin'-hot fire! MYAAAH!"

Then unleashes his fire power at the monster.

"Grrrah?!" The monster reacts to the three attacks.

Ace calls out, "How's that taste?! With my wind fanning them, even Grim's feeble flames can become an inferno! And Sereia's bubbles turns into a large form of suds!"

Grim feels insulted, "Whaddaya mean 'feeble'?! Ya really don't know how to shut yer, mouth, do ya?"

"Well, we can tell that the monster has weakened it," Briar says.

Then calls out, "Deuce, now's our chance."

Hearing Briar, Deuce nods his head.

He takes a deep breath and says, "Just stay calm, aim carefully... and pull out the biggest, heaviest thing I can think of..."

He then waves his pen in the air and calls out, "Get em, cauldron!"

With a flick of his pen, a giant sized cauldron appears over the monster and crushes it.

The monster screams, "Gwaaah?!"

Grim cheers, "Nailed it! The plan's workin'!"

"We got it!" Sereia cheers.