Chapitre 16

Scott was once again watching over Stiles, but also Dean. They had laid them on his best friend's bed. He had called Sam to warn him, the latter was four days from Beacon Hills.

- They succumbed again.

He jumped.

-Castiel.

- Excuse me, according to Dean, I risk giving a heart attack by appearing like this.

- He's not wrong.

- How are they ?

- Like the last time. I wanted to get into Stiles' memory, but according to Peter, there are risks, so I'm waiting to see if he wakes up on his own. We don't know why they collapsed.

- What happened just before?

- The sheriff is Stiles' father, he forbade them from seeing each other again.

No sooner had he finished explaining to her than the angel disappeared. He understood that Dean was disturbed by him.

The bedroom door opened on the sheriff.

- Still no change?

- No.

It was a shock for him to see his son collapse, he blamed himself. Looking at her red eyes, he must have cried, but he stayed strong in front of him.

- I'll take over, you should go have a bite to eat.

- Okay.

He got up, he leaned towards his best friend and kissed his forehead before leaving the room.

¤¤¤

Isaac and Peter had come to take over, cooked for him and the sheriff. Stiles and Dean were still unconscious.

Sam was about to arrive, he was waiting for her at the entrance to the town. He saw him shortly after they arrived.

- Scott.

- Sat.

- How are they ? Change ?

- No, still nothing.

- Okay. Thanks for taking care of my brother.

- You follow me ?

- Okay.

¤¤¤*****

Sam felt her throat constrict as she saw her brother lying unconscious again. Scott had explained to her how it had happened. He didn't blame the sheriff, how could this man have thought this was going to happen? Impossible.

- Castiel came twice. The day it happened, and two days ago. Scott told him.

- He said nothing ?

- No, he came and left without a word.

- That's all him.

He leaned towards Stiles so he could reach his brother. He stroked her hair. He frowned.

- Did you wash her hair?

- My mother. The rest of the grooming I did, or Isaac, because I was taking care of Stiles. I wasn't going to leave them unwashed for days. Sorry, I took the liberty of doing that for Dean too.

- On the contrary. Thanks for taking care of my brother.

- It's normal.

¤¤¤

He was beginning to doze off when he heard the door open.

- Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up. Said Scott.

He realized that the sheriff had also awakened. They were both watching over Siles and Dean.

- I haven't slept for days, I'm just dozing. Said the sheriff.

- I've never had a heavy sleep. He answered in turn.

- But what are you doing here? I thought you went home to see your mother? asked the sheriff.

- She had to go back to the hospital, so I came to see if there was any change and...

- You needed to be near him. he concluded.

- Yes.

He noticed the strong bond between Scott and Stiles. Even if they were not of the same blood, they were like brothers.

¤¤¤

He had just freshened up, he went down to the kitchen to have a coffee. Isaac, watched over his brother and Stiles.

- Take.

Scott handed her a mug.

- Thank you.

He was a hunter, he had already killed werewolves, however he realized that the ones here were far from resembling the ones they had had to do Dean and him.

A cry made him put down his cup and go upstairs followed by Scott. He sighed seeing Castiel.

- I scared that young man. Said the angel.

- I can understand how Stiles felt when we walked home without telling him. Said Isaac. I would never do it again.

He smiles. If the wolves were acting like Castiel, his brother's poor boyfriend must still be on edge.

He saw the angel's gaze.

- Castiel, you know what they have? he asked her.

- I think yes.