Whispers In The Woods

(AJ's Pov)

(AJ's Pov)

We had been on the road for a while now. Violet showed me how to read a map, and I think I have been doing a good job at this. I would ask a lot of questions and I know she has been trying to answer as best as she could but it's still confusing. Like she thinks Clem left because of her, I know she said it will be hard for her to not think that way, but I don't understand how she could blame herself. Did they fight before Clem left? Did something happen to cause them to argue? She won't tell me anything.

"So have you ever wanted to travel?" I asked out of random as we walked across a highway.

"Hmm, before the dead, or no?" She asked.

"Before I suppose, I mean you could have left the school when this all started." I say and she laughed a bit at this.

"I couldn't leave... I was scared... we all were." She says as we walked more, and I looked to her a bit as I run up next to her. I looked to the path ahead of us and I felt her pat my head a bit.

"But if I had to choose, then maybe I would like to travel to... the Grand Canyon... it's what I told Brody, maybe go to the beach and grab some sand for her." She says and I look up to her.

"But she can't have the sand?" I asked.

"No, I mean... it's like when Tenn. left the drawings... it's sentimental I suppose... like when I left flowers on Minnie's grave." She says and I think.

"I still don't understand funerals." I mutter.

"It's ok, I only know because of my grandpa." She says and I look to the map.

"There should be a gas station nearby, we can rest there." I say as I look up to her and she nods as she takes her hand off my head.

"Alright, you're the boss." She says and I smiled a bit at this. I liked to help her when I can but sometimes, I think she wants to head back home. I don't blame her though.

"Are you scared of what Clem might say to us?" I asked and she stopped as I kept walking. I slowed down and looked to her as she looked back to me and sighs as she looked to a car and opens the door.

"Terrified." She says and I look to her more and I come up to her.

"Why?" I asked as I opened the passenger door and she looked up to me and thinks.

"Well... I mean... I know you don't understand why I put the blame on me but... if it really is my fault then... she left you because of me... she left the others because it was my fault...and if it's my fault I want to fix it if she will let me, and I can try to be better.... I was a bitch I know I was, and I tried to fix it but it's hard to change you know." She says and I looked to her a bit confused, and she sighed as she gets out the car and closes the door. I get out as well and I go over to her as she leaned on the car and crossed her arms.