Finding Something Good

(Violet's Pov)

(Violet's Pov)

A week had passed and AJ seems to be getting a little better, he just had a bad cough and didn't throw up anymore which was good. The storm had let up as well, no more rain so it was a bit muggy outside but it was nice none the less. I was out in the barn looking for anything on the trip back and I was lucky to have found a 1990 El Camino or at least that's what its booklet said. I headed into the house and I was looking around for keys of any kind and I saw Clem looking at me.

"You find anything?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yea in the locked barn there was a car... want to look at it?" I asked and she nods a bit and we grabbed some keys and I took her to the barn. Once we were in she saw the car and looked at it for a bit.

"Damn, nice car." She says and I nodded.

"Yea, in great condition too." I say and I look at the keys, some of them where car keys and I tried them out and just my luck the first key was the key I needed. I smiled as I put the other keys to the side and I hop out and look at Clementine as I popped the hood open and we looked to see the battery missing and I sighed a bit.

"We can find one, I mean even if it's dead we have power to charge a portable jumper." I mutter as I think.

"That's true but we would have to go ack in town." Clem mentioned and I nod.

"I still don't trust Till." I tell her.

"I know... do you know what you have to look for?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yea my grandfather had one, he actually had the same car." I tell her and she nods to me.

"So you know a lot?" She asked.

"Hmm no just the basics checking the oil, filling it up, rotating the tires and so on." I tell her and we look to each other for a bit.

"Think AJ is up for a trip? I don't want to leave him here with Till." I tell her.

"He might be, but I don't want him moving if he is sick still." She says and I nod a bit.

"Yea... I wasn't thinking." I mutter and I stretched a bit. She comes over to me and I look at her and smiled a bit at her.

'K-I-S-S-I-N-G.' Inner Violet says and I shake my head a bit and look at Clem.

"Inner Violet?" She asked and I nod.

"She's been good, she's making a joke." I explained and she nods.

"Can I know this joke?" She asked and I think.

"You know those songs that kids sing when they notice two kids liking each other?" I asked.

"You mean Kissing in a tree?" She asked and I nod.

"Yep, basically that is what she is singing." I tell her and Clem laughed a bit.

"At least she is being... calm?" She asked and I nod.