When We Talk About The Past

(Violet's Pov)

(Violet's Pov)

I was walking with Clementine as the rain hit us and we decided to make a stop in an abandoned car and take some time to rest up. I lay my head on the steering wheel for a bit and I think.

"You, ok?" She asked and I nod a bit.

"Yea just... I didn't know AJ was sick and I am worried is all." I tell her and she placed a hand on my shoulder and I look at her.

"I get it... trust me when AJ was younger and he got sick I would do anything for him, hell I stole medicine for him and I would do it again... he's a strong kid too." She tells me and I sighed.

"I know, I know he is but I still worry, and I just... I just want to be a good... role model?" I asked and she looks at me and nods.

"I understand." She says and moves her hand from me and I sigh and look at the rain as it hit the car.

"Wish this damn thing drove." I joked and she laughed a bit.

"That would be a miracle." She says and I look around for the keys just for fun.

"Violet, I think we should take this time and talk some more." She says and I look to her as I stopped my search and I nod.

"Sure... what do you want to talk about?" I asked and she takes a breath and I look at her.

"Well... is there anything you want to look for while in town?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Uh let me think a bit on this." I say and she nods.

"I hope I can find a book." She says and I nod.

"I think I should find one for AJ, maybe the others too, Louis would really like some new sheet music." I ranted a bit and look to the rain some more as it hit the window of the car.

"Is there any book you like?" She asked.

"Hmm, no not really, I mean there was one book I would read like crazy but I can't remember the name of it... but it involved a dog and he was like the sheriff of his owners farm or something, and he would go on these adventures... Hank the Cow dog I think is what it was called." I tell her.

"See I use to read the box cart kids, but you make the other book sound like I should look into it." She says.

"Well, it was either that or Junie B Jones, I use to read that a lot at my old school since they never let my reading level go up so I couldn't read those big old chapter books like the others... doesn't matter how good I did on those tests they gave us but, in all honesty, I kept getting high points, and got to go to the treasure box." I ranted and chuckled as I look to Clementine.

"So, you really like reading?" She asked and I nodded.

"Oh yea, I wanted to be a writer at some point but then after my grandma... I didn't think about it much." I tell her.