Found But Still Lost

(Violet's Pov)

(Violet's Pov)

I woke up to the sound of sleet hitting the house and I groaned as I looked to my watch to see that I had only gotten a full eight hours of sleep. I honestly can't be mad at this; I got some sleep at least even if it was to long for my liking. I sigh as I sit up slowly and look around the room a bit and I think as I head into the closet and grabbed some clothing, well some warm clothing that is. I grabbed a pair of pants and long johns to put underneath, I grabbed an old black sweatshirt and set the other sweatshirts in my bag. I then grabbed my rifle and headed outside the house and looked around the shed to find some rope, so I grabbed it to make a few traps by the trees. I looked around the woods some more but honestly didn't find anything good, but I did find a river.

"Hu... could go fishing." I say and look around as I walked down the river and place my foot on the ice. It seems like it would hold my weight but if there is a river there could be a lake. I went up to a tree and grabbed my knife as I marked the area so I wouldn't get lost. I walked down the river some more, but it seems like it would take me a while before I could actually find a lake at all. I saw some Walkers down the other side of the river, but they seem to be a bit stiff from the cold, though that doesn't stop them from moving still, it was easier to kill them before they could kill us. I think as I grabbed my knife and walked across the river a bit to the other side, and I stabbed a few of them in the back of the head.

"Best to kill some now don't have to deal with them later." I mutter to myself and head down the river again. I look to my watch to see the time and it seems I have been walking for an hour and I haven't seen a lake yet. I decided to give up on looking for it, so I turn back and follow the path I had made. I would look into the frozen water to see if I could find any form of fish still swimming and when I saw a couple, I decided that I would get back to the house and make a spear like at the school, but instead of bone I would have to use some wood.

"Though wood would be a bit better for now, I can use some rope tie it off on the stick and sharpen it, get the bark off and make it clean too... got to make it clean, that's important." I mutter as I walked more. As I get back to the house, I grabbed an armful of sturdy sticks and I made sure they were good for stabbing some fish. Once inside the home I shook the snow off and hit my boots to the ground and I felt that my socks were wet, and I groaned a bit as I look to see the flames had gone out.

"Forgot to put more wood on the flames Vi, not a smart move." I say to myself as I go and broke some of the sticks I had and grabbed some papers to light up. Once I was done, I go and set my socks and boots by the flames, and I looked at the boots for a bit to find that the sole of the boots had broken in the heel on one of the boots, then one straight down the middle of the sole and I groan a bit. I stayed by the fire a bit since my feet were freezing and once the house was warmed up again, I headed into the parents' room and grabbed some socks and looked in the closet to find some boots as well. I decided to grab them and head back down to the living room and undid the laces to my old boot and took the laces off the new pair. I put my old laces on the new boots and then I decided to grab a stick and started to cut the bark off with my knife and I set the woodchips to the side to use for kindling on a later date. Once done I began to sharpen the stick a bit and check the point to see if it would be good. I grabbed a few broken pieces of other sticks and sharpened them as well and grabbed the laces from the boots and tied the sticks together. I looked at my handywork and smiled as I was satisfied.