Got To Keep Looking

(Violet's Pov)

(Violet's Pov)

We have been out for almost a month, we were close to the school as AJ rode ahead of me and I kept a look out for any Walkers, or even Whisperers. We had a run in with some of the people, they called us killers since they found that random man and Charlie both dead in the woods. I tried to explain to them that they tried to kill us but none of them listened. AJ and I had been running from them for a while now but it seems they aren't too keen on being far from their home. We finally make it to the gates of the school, and I get off the horse as does AJ and we walk through the gates as Willy and Louis opened them. I hand the reins to Ruby who looked a bit confused.

"Community gave us a horse." I mutter and head into the school and I head to the office. I grabbed a spare map and marked the areas we had been in and who was there that knew Clementine and who lied to us. As I was folding up the map, I hear the door open, and I see Louis as he comes in.

"I'm guessing finding her was a bust?" He asked.

"No... I mean yea but I had to bring AJ back home, I'm going to head out again, but I want to keep the horses here for you guys." I mutter as I grabbed my bag after putting an empty journal inside the bag.

"What happened? AJ said that you guys got into some trouble with a community?" He asked.

"You remember James?" I asked.

"Yea, why?" He asked and I look to him.

"Well, he has a boyfriend in this group of whisperers and turns out their leader knew Clementine, and she fucking passed through their group a while back." I say to him as I clench my hands together.

"Anyway, he wouldn't stop bothering me after I lost AJ in a herd of walkers and then the fucker attacked me because I wasn't going to turn to their ways and not kill Walkers.... I ended up killing him and another guy in their group I don't know who, and I let them become Walkers, don't worry though, they didn't follow us, they don't seem to keen on leaving to far from home on their own... anyway seems like I have a bit of a bounty on my head." I explain.

"Holy shit... uh... any updates on Clem?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Other than she had seen some of her hold friends while on the road, no... she seems to be off the grid for now... that's another reason I want AJ to stay here, there is no need for him to get his hopes up." I tell Louis. Though it wasn't a complete lie, it was still a lie.

"Shit... I didn't think about that... alright we can watch him, how long will you be gone?" He asked.

"I have no clue; AJ thinks I'll be gone a month and come back for him but in all honesty, I might not come back till I have Clem or... she tells me what I want to know." I explain to him.

"I get that you want answers but Violet... Maybe you should stop trying to find her... she doesn't want to be found, she left us without a word, and I know it hurts but we can deal with this together." Louis says and I look to the floor a bit. I then felt hands on my shoulders, and I look up to him.