Hanahaki AU Ch. 1

Aru had awoken very anxious. Today was the day everyone presented their end of year science projects. And Aru failed. Every single year. But not THIS YEAR. Aru was determined to at least get a passing grade on her science project this year. Why specifically extra motivation this year, you may ask? Well, Aiden had promised if Aru got a passing grade he would take her out to fro-yo, which Aru definitely was going to get. For her project, Aru had created a model of a windmill- but it would take high tornado/storm winds and create backup electricity for any place in a 5 mile radius. It was genius, nothing could go wrong. Or so she thought... 

Aru walked into the classroom carrying her electro-mill model. She set it down on the table with everyone else's projects and sat down in her seat. Aiden looked at her model and back at her.

"For once, I think you might actually get a good grade Shah" he smirked.

"SHUT UP! I get ~amazing~ grades- maybe just my science grades are 'spectacular'" she snapped emphasizing on the air quotes. Mr. Abero (I forgot her teachers name-) clapped his hands for class to begin. 

"Okay class, this year I hope all of you pass. Yes, ALL of you" he said frowning at Aru. Aru glared right back. Frowny Fish Food she grumbled. 

"First up, we're going to have Poppy Madison" he announced. (Once again your brilliant author has forgotten a name- this time a last name) 

Poppy brought out a series of beakers connected by gray pipes- the largest beaker containing a green kind of toxic looking substance. 

"This" she said flourishing her hands, "is the Rostano- a substance that can heal any disease!"

She put on gloves and reached toward the large beaker. She tripped on a nearby cord, pushed the beaker off the table- setting off an explosion. When the dense smoke cleared, Aru felt as if a vine was growing and constricting her heart. She started coughing until she started coughing up blood- when she looked around she saw Mini in the same state and everyone staring in horror. The only person who was more worried about their project than her classmates was Poppy. She turned and looked at Aru. Her mouth curled into a somewhat wolf-like smile. She knew Aru realized. Something was happening to Aru and her best friend because of this she-devil. Just as Aru was about to speak, she was met with black. 

Hiyo People! I hope you liked the first chapter of my Hanahaki AU! I know its very short, but I'm not a very good writer so even if it is rushed- I'm glad you all are taking the time to read it :) Thank you so much! Lmk if you have any ideas/suggestions for the second chapter!

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Thanks~

Magique🎱