School Festival: Host Club

Ryota's POV

Running around a corner, I glance back to see the group still chasing after me with their cameras. Groaning softly, I pick up the pace and dart by other stalls.

Making another sharp turn, I enter the nearest entrance into the fenced area and crouch down behind a table. Waiting until the group passes by, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Ahem"

Startled, I make a girly shriek and look up to see one of the tennis club regulars standing next to me.

Giving me a smile, the blue haired kid with glasses holds out a hand to me. "Are you alright, Miss? That group looked as if they were chasing you for a while."

Hesitating a bit, I grasp his hand and allow him to pull me up. "Y-yes, I'm alright. Just a little tired is all." I lie, there's no way I was gonna say that I was running for an hour.

Smiling softly, he pulls me along as he walks to where multiple tables are set up. "Judging by your lovely dress, you were working at the maid café, right?"

Nodding, I glance around to see the regulars in fancy suits talking to other women at tables. "If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you gentlemen running here?"

Chuckling a bit, he pulls a seat out for me at a table for two. "We, the tennis regulars, decided to have a 'Host Club' atmosphere on the tennis courts." He gestures to the others while sitting across from me. "We simply entertain the rich who have too much time on their hands."

Nodding along, I accept the glass of lemonade from him. "That seems....nice"

Glancing at me, he gives me a smile. "Is this not to your liking?" He asks.

Shaking my head, I set my glass down. "No, no, no! Not at all. It's just that, wouldn't it have made more sense to have tennis mini games?" I asked. Shrugging, I look around with a bored expression on my face. "In all honesty, that would be more entertaining for everyone." Glancing over at him, I raise an eyebrow. "No offense."

Chuckling, he shakes his head. "I see what you mean. That would probably have been more fun, but Atobe decided to put our looks to good use. In all honesty, he just wanted to have more girls fawn over him" he grins.

I start to giggle "That's sounds a lot like something he would do." Holding out my hand, I smile at him. "I never introduced myself properly, I'm Ryo~"

Nodding, he shakes my hand. "Oshitari." Glancing around, he grins and stands up. "I'll be right back."

Watching as he left, I take a sip of my tea and look up when I see two people joining me. One with a blue cap and the other with red hair.

"Hello! Is there anyone serving you right now?" The red head asks.

Nodding, I smile and set my cup down. "Yes, Oshitari just left for a couple of minutes. He should be back soon"

The one with the hat nods and snatches a cookie from the plate in the middle. "Then you're in good hands. Come on, Gakuto, let's go."

Gakuto grabs his arm as the other starts to leave. "Now that's not very nice, Shishido. We should at least introduce ourselves properly."

Hat guy just rolls his eyes. "She's probably already heard of us. Why should-"

"I actually don't know you're names." I interrupt with a smile.

He stares at me blankly and blushes a bit before rubbing the back of his neck. "Oh, well, I'm Shishido"

Nodding, his friend gives me a smile. "I'm Gakuto. Nice room meet you!"

I smile at them. "I'm Ryo, it's nice to meet you two."

"Now that you three have all gotten introduced, how about we have that game now, Ryo?"

Glancing over, I notice Oshitari standing next to us with a tennis racket in his hand.

Giving him a smile, I nod and stand up. "Sure!" Turning towards Shishido and Gakuto I give them a smile as well. "Would you two like to join us?"

They glance at each other, the tennis racket, the other teammates stuck with girls in the back, and then me, before finally nodding.

Giggling, I smile and we follow Oshitari to the tennis courts.

"After you told me your idea, I went ahead and tend set up a small tennis court game for us to play." He explains while handing me a racket, then leading us to the courts.

Having me stand on one court and him on the other side, he gives me a smile while holding a tennis ball up.

"Let's just play a quick match, first to five points. I'll go easy." He explains.

Smiling, I give him a nod and get ready for him to serve. 'I almost feel bad'

Watching as he serves underhanded, I mentally grin. 'Strike one' . Pulling my arm back, I whip my arm forward and send the ball back into his court.

Going wide eyed, Oshitari sprints to the other side of the court and returns with a backhand.

Using split step, I strike the ball again, aiming for his feet. In doing so, he would be forced to return with a lob.

And just like I predicted, he hits the ball high up into the air.

Focusing on the ball, I back up a couple of steps. 'Strike two'.

Jumping up, I bring my racket down and smash it in between his legs. I use so much power that it not only left a mark on the ground, but when he tries to return it, it had pulled loose the strings on his racket.

'Strike three' I give him a cheerful smile while swinging my racket a bit. 'You're out'