Won't Ever Let You Go

Ryoma's POV

After tennis practice ended, Momo-senpai, Eiji-senpai and make our way to the front gate, ready to head on home.

"Come on, Momo! Why not?" Eiji complained while pouting.

"I'm not going to lend you my notes, Eiji! You already borrowed my notes from the last test and never returned them!" Momo argued.

Sighing, I ignore their bickering as we continue to make our way closer to the gate. Squinting my eyes, I see a familiar figure by the gates. Smiling suddenly, I break away from the two fighting and run over to him.

"Akashi!" I call out happily, as I give him hug.

Surprising him, the red head chuckles and wraps his arms around me. "Hey, Ryoma. Geeze, you scared me there for a second."

Smiling happily, I look up at him with a flushed face. "What are you doing here? I didn't get a text or anything."

"I just wanted to spend some time with you before you head out to America." He responded, hugging me tightly against his chest. He blushes slightly and glances down. "I'm really going to miss you when you're gone."

Reaching up, I stroke his cheek softly while blushing slightly. "I'm going to miss you too." I'm about to continue when I hear someone clearing their throat from behind me. Turning around, I blush when I see Momo-senpai and Eiji-senpai raising their eyebrows at us in amusement. Pulling away, I make sure to keep a hold of his hand while turning my friends. "Um, guys, this is Akashi....Akashi, these are my senpais, Momo and Eiji." I explain.

Momo smiles and holds his hand out to Akashi. "Nice to meet you, man. Just call me Momo, that's what my friends call me"

Jumping up and down, predictably, Eiji gives him a bright smile. "Me too! Nice to meet you! I'm Eiji!"

Smiling at the two of them, Akashi reaches out and shakes Momo's hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Akashi, Ryoma's boyfriend."

Heat creeps up my neck at the word "Boyfriend", causing Eiji to laugh. "Hahahaha! Ochibi-chan is finally growing up!"

Chuckling, Momo walks over and pats me on the back. "You better use protection if you two are going to go any further." He teases, making me blush even more.

Ignoring Akashi's chuckling, I glare at the two's smirking faces. "Shut up!" Tightening my hand on Akashi's, I pull him in the direction of my house while ignoring the shouts of encouragement from the two idiots. After putting enough distance between them, I sigh and give Akashi a weak smile. "Sorry about that, they can get pretty crazy sometimes."

Grinning, he shakes his head while swinging our hands a bit. "It's fine, they seem like a lot of fun...." Blushing, Akashi reaches up and rubs the back of his neck nervously. "W-was it ok that I introduced myself as y-your boyfriend? I didn't want to spring anything onto you."

Blushing myself, I find myself stammering to respond. "It's fine." Smiling up at him shyly, I shake my head. "It was nice that I got to introduce you to my friends as my boyfriend."

He smiles down at me and leans over to kiss my cheek quickly. "You're so cute."

Ignoring the sudden heat washing over me, I roll my eyes at his antics.

Walking the rest of the way home, we finally make it back. Unlocking the door, I open it and call out. "I'm home!" Taking our shoes off at the door, Oyaji walks into the room from the kitchen.

"Oi! Boya! Want to go play a match-" he starts, but stops once he sees Akashi standing next to me. Feeling uneasy by the grin on his face, I watch helplessly as he reaches out his hand to him. "Sorry about that, I didn't see you there. I'm Nanjiroh, Ryoma's father."