America-Part 2

Recap

"Yunoto..." He whispers gently, holding onto my clenched hands and gently prying them open. Looking down, I notice that my hands are deathly white and shaking from the amount of force I was squeezing my fists. "Yunoto?" Looking up, I'm shocked to see tears gathering in Atobe's eyes. "Ryoma told me to tell you that everything is fine, Ryota is just....just sleeping right now. " Sniffling, I nod and try to continue to listen. "Now, I just finished talking to my butler, he's currently arranging my families private jet. We're going to stop by Ryota's house and pick up his parents, you can call them on the way there. Then we're going to go and make sure that when Ryota.....when Ryota wakes up he's surrounded by his friends and family...alright?"

Sniffling, I nod and pull a hand away gently to wipe away my tears. "O-okay....H-how are you?"

Giving me a weak grin, he shrugs while standing up. "Well.....I could be better." Grabbing our bags off the floor, he holds a hand out to me while shouldering both our bags on his back. "Come on, lets go."

_____

Wincing, I glance at Atobe to see if he noticed. Making sure he's distracted by the passing scenery, I lean away from him and whisper over the phone. "Listen Nanjiro, everything you know is wrong. I'll explain later, but what you need to know is that Atobe never meant anything that he said to Ryota...." Hesitating, I decide to push on. "In fact, I would go as far as to say that he loves your son dearly and I can tell it's killing him right now about Ryota."

It's silent on the other line when a sigh is heard on the other line. "Alright.....I'll trust your decision. We'll start packing now, I'll see you two soon."

Sighing in relief, I nod. "See you." Hanging up and I turn to Atobe and see him still look out the window in pain.

'We better get there soon. For both Ryota and Atobe....'

Akashi's POV

Watching the scenery pass by, the limo finally rolls to a stop in front of the Echizen's house. Glancing at Atobe, I watch as he continues to look out the window. "I'll be right back." I whisper quietly, waiting for the butler, by the name of Jamenson, to open the door. Stepping out, I walk up the stairs to the front door. Hesitating, I reach up and knock on the door curtly. Waiting a few minutes, I hear footsteps on the other side, only for the door to open immediately thereafter.

"Yunoto." Nanjiroh greets, his voice tired. His disheveled appearance quite shocking. Instead of the usual monk outfit, he has on a plain blue t-shirt and black jeans. To anyone else, it would have seemed normal, but after knowing the family for quite some time I could tell that Ryota's accident was really eating them up. "Let me just bring the bags down and we can leave." After receiving a nod from me, he turns and heads back inside, his wife taking his place.

From the teary eyes and flushed cheeks, I could tell that Rinko was handling the news badly. "Yunoto..." She whispered tearfully, obviously struggling to not cry. Sniffling myself, I hold my arms out to her, only for her to sob against my shoulder. Hugging her tightly, I whisper reassurances in her ear. I don't know how long we stood there, but by the time Nanjiroh came out with the bags Rinko had calmed sufficiently. Reaching out, I help Nanjiroh with the bags and escort them to the limo. "We brought a bag for you two deary," Rinko started, giving me a teary smile. "We figured you and Ryoma would have the same clothe size."

Nodding, I give them a weak smile. "Thank you, Atobe and I just came from school to pick you two up." Shaking my head a bit, I hand the luggage to Jamenson. "I'm really worried for him right now, he hasn't said a word since we got in the limo, other then to tell me to call you two." Glancing at them, I give them a worried look. "Please don't bring up what happened that night in front of him, he's still beating himself up over it." Glancing at the limo to make sure that Atobe is still looking out the window on the other side, I continue. "I'll explain everything once we're alone, but please know that Atobe did everything to help Ryota." Judging by the look on their faces, I could tell that they couldn't believe what they were hearing. Waiting until they nod, I turn and open the limo door while stepping in.