Why? Because I'm Bored!

Ryota's POV

Grinning at my phone, I close it and put it back in my pocket.

'Those two better take this opportunity.''

"Ahem"

Startled, I turn around and see Oshitari standing behind me.

"Hi, Oshitari!" I give him a smile. "You scared me there."

Chuckling, he gives me a smile. "Sorry about that, Ryota." He gives me a confused look. "But if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here? You know we're just training the rookies today."

"Yeah, I know. I just decided to help you guys out." I gesture to my tennis bag over my shoulder. "I figured I could help with practice matches."

"Hmm," he glances back at the courts, "I guess it wouldn't hurt to have you do it. It'll help the rookies with training and it'll help with your stamina." He grins at me. "We have over 27 rookies with us today."

Following him onto the main court, he blows his whistle and has everyone gather around.

"Alright everyone! We're going to have a few practice matches today." He gestures to me and I give everyone a smile. "Ryota here, one of our regulars, will be in charge of it. Pay attention, be respectful, and give into your all."

Watching as the rookies give me weary glances, I give them all smile. "Alright eveyone, I'll have Group A meet me on court 3. Once we're done, I'll have the next group meet me there and so on."

As the others made their way to the courts, I make my way to the practice court. Placing my tennis bag onto my bench, I begin to get ready when Shishido walks up to me.

"Hey, Ryota. Heard you're going to be holding the practice matches today."

"Yup, you here to play against me?"

"Naw, I'm just going to be the umpire." He raises an eyebrow at me. "If you don't mind me asking though, why would you want to come here? I don't even want to be here."

"Why?" I give him a grin as I make my way onto the court. "Because I'm bored!"

_____________________

Third Person POV

Oshitari and Shishido stare in shock at the scene in front of them.

"Woah..." They breathed in unison.

In front of them was a court overrun with the exhausted bodies of the rookies laying on the ground. It had only been fifteen minutes since Group A began their practice matches. Only fifteen minutes for them to all be beaten.

On the other side of the court stood the reason for such a scene. Ryota standing on the other side, not even out of breath, as he gave the tired rookies a smile.

"So," he grinned, "bring out the next group."

Gulping, the two teammates shared a look together and turned back to the scene in front of them. Both of them thinking the same thing.

'If this is what he's like when bored, then I don't want to see him angry'