Prince

Ryota's POV

During Chemistry, the introductions and reactions were very similar to what happened earlier for first period.

I sat down by the window seat and tried to pay attention to what the teacher was saying, but the classroom phone started to ring. Watching as the teacher sighed, he quickly answered the phone and started to have a conversation with the person on the other line while everyone was silent. Shaking his head, he hung up and turned to the classroom.

"Sorry everyone, but that was the office. Apparantely there's something wrong with the computers and I need to sort it out." He walked over to the white board and wrote on it. "Work on these couple of problems while I'm gone and I'll be back later." And with that, he left.

It was silent in the room as we started to work on the problems, but that ended as everyone started to whisper to one another. Trying to finish the rest of the work, I quickly got distracted by what other students were whispering to each other.

"Wonder how Atobe-sama will react to the news."

"Think Atobe-sama will be mad?"

"Do you think Atobe-sama heard about the new kid yet?"

"I feel really bad for the new kid, I love my Atobe-sama, but I don't him to hurt our precious Prince-san"

The last conversation took me off guard and I quickly glanced around the class to see that everyone was whispering and taking glances at me with a nervous expression. Feeling nervous myself, I shook my head and tried to continue to work, but failed miserably.

'Who's this 'Atobe-sama' that everyone keeps talking about? Why would he be mad? Why would he try to hurt me?....What the hell is wrong with this school?' Groaning softly, I let my head fall into my hands.

Silence washed over the class and I peeked through my fingers to see everyone looking at me with a concerned look on their faces.

One boy sitting next to me quickly leaned forward and asked me in a soft voice. "Echizen-san? Is everything alright? Are you hurt anywhere?"

Confused at what he meant, I lifted my head and looked at him with a tilt of my head. "You don't have to use honorifics with me. And what do you mean?" I asked quietly.

Blushing, he quickly looked away and another girl took over. "You sounded like you were in pain, do you need anything?"

Looking around, everyone continued to stare at me with concern. Smiling softly, I shook head. "I'm alright, I just had a little bit of headache is all. But I don't want to worry you guys with it~"

Everyone started to blush as I finished talking and another girl quickly responded. "If you ever need anything, just ask us. We'll help you" Murmurs of agreement broke out and I hastily replied.

"You don't have to trouble yourself with that. I'll be fi-"

"But we want to help you, Prince-san~!" a couple of girls shouted as conversations broke out even more.

Feeling a little overwhelmed, I asked them one more question. "Um, why are you guys calling me Prince-san?"

This made everyone quiet and I noticed a couple of people blushing. "W-well, since Atobe-sama is our King, you will be our Prince-san"

Still confused at who this 'Atobe-sama' was, I was about to voice my question when the teacher soon walked in again. Seeing as how my opportunity to ask was ruined, I just sighed and continued to focus on what the teacher was talking about.

'I'll just ask Yunoto'