Ryoma's Date

Ryoma's POV

'Please still be there!'

Panting as I dash towards the train station, I berate myself for taking a nap and ending up ten minutes late to my date. The only reason I had woken up at all was because of Karupin; I was lucky enough to have him jump on me.

Rounding the corner, I see the train station up ahead and I sprint as fast as I can. Finally making my way through the crowd, I see Akashi sitting on a nearby bench looking around calmly.

"Akashi!" I call out as I make my way to him. Standing in front of him, I struggle to breath as I lean down with my hands braced on my knees. "I'm so...so sorry I'm late! I had....had slept in late...."

Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I look up into his eyes to see only mirth instead of anger. Letting him lead me to sit next him, he gives me a reassured smile.

"It's fine, Ryoma. Your brother texted me earlier saying you were taking a nap." He chuckles and brushes a piece of hair away from my sweaty forehead. "He also said that you tend to sleep in and that I should find a seat while I wait for you."

Finally relaxing against the bench, I roll my eyes. "Of course he did." I whisper under my breath.

"You're just lucky that the train was delayed. If we had missed it we would have been stuck here for another thirty minutes until the next one came around." He informs me as he rubs a thumb over my cheek. Heat begins to crawl up my neck at his attention on me. "You look really nice by the way."

Eyes widening, I gulp. "You look nice as well..."

'Should my heart be beating this fast?'

After waiting for few more minutes, the train finally makes it's way to the station. We chat and laugh as we make our way to the city. I hadn't realized it until we had stood up to leave that we had been sitting side by side, our shoulders brushing constantly, the cool air replacing the heat that had once been there.

Walking a couple of blocks, we make it to the fair to see multiple rides of people screaming and stands full of prizes. After purchasing our tickets, Akashi grabs my hand and pulls me away from the booth.

"Come on, Ryoma. Lets go on this one, I bet it'll be fun." He gives me a smile while pulling me along.

While we were on the train, Akashi had told me that he favored the more scary rides than anything else. After hearing this, I had decided that I would at least try the rides that he would pic. I was never the one to be interested in rides, but if I gave it a shot then I might enjoy them.

Smiling at him, I nod along. "Sure, how bad can it be?"

______________________________

'Why did I have to say that?'

I groan quietly to myself as we make our way to the food court. It had been an hour ago that we had gotten here. An hour of going on every single one of the rides that the fair offered. An hour of clinging onto the bar as I felt my stomach do flips at every drop.

Glancing over at Akashi, I can't help myself from smiling at the joy in his eyes. He had enjoyed the rides so much that he had talked about what it was like when he was younger to go on them. What his favorite ones were and how he would even go on the same ones at least three times. It was the first time that he had opened up to me about himself and his past. I wasn't about to let a little motion sickness stop him from that.

"So what do you want to eat, Ryoma?" He asks as he wraps an arm around me. Ignoring the blush on my cheeks, he points in the direction of a teriyaki stand. "How about we share some teriyaki chicken?"