Who's Atobe?

Ryota's POV

After class ended, everyone started to ask me if I needed any help with finding my classes. Declining kindly, I told them that a friend of mine would be coming by to help. Standing outside of the classroom, I waved goodbye at those that would say bye or wave shyly.

"Wow, already got a fanclub going~ That's impressive~" A voice said from behind me. Turning around, Yunoto was standing behind me with a grin on his face,

"I don't know what you're talking about Yunoto." I said sweetly while tilting my head.

Laughing at me, he just shook his head. "Whatever, let's just get to class~"

While walking to English class together, I decided to take this opportunity to ask about Atobe, I tugged on Yunoto's sleeve. "Yunoto, I have a question"

Glancing over at me, he grinned. "What's up?"

"Well, back in class, people kept bringing up this 'Atobe-sama' person. I was just wondering if you knew who he was." I explained.

I watched as he seemed to shake his head and glance around. "How about we talk about this at lunch?"

Not really understanding why he was so hesitent to talk about it, but not wanting to push too far, I agreed and we walked in silence towards class.

Our classes went by in a blurr as more and more people paid attention to the two of us.

Lunch time finally came around and we made our way up to the roof, per Yunoto's request. Finding that there was nobody on the roof besides the two of us, we decided to sit so we could overlook the tennis courts.

Taking our bentos out, we started to eat while Yunoto began his explanaition.

"You have to understand that this school is pretty weird. Most of the school's population love the tennis team, mainly because they are one of the best in Japan and also because their precious Atobe Keigo is on the team." He gestured down to the tennis courts where some people were walking around in uniforms and tennis rackets. "Normally the Tennis team wouldn't be on the courts at all during the school day, but since this week is when tryouts take place they have to meet up during lunch." Shrugging, he took a bite of his sandwhich while shaking his head. "I honestly don't know what everyone sees in them."

Looking down at them, I noticed that the tennis courts seemed to be very well funded. 'Onii-chan would like this' I thought to myself, but was quickly brought of my musings by Yunoto.

"Anyway, Atobe is the team captain and the claimed "King" of the school." He rolled his eyes at that. "Most of the girls and boys go crazy when near him, so be careful." He eyed me with some worry as he continued. "If anything should happen, make sure you come to me. Especially once Atobe finds out that you're now the "Prince" of the school."

Seeing the shocked look on my face, he laughed a bit and explained. "I heard about you during Biology class. Apparently a lot of people seemed to have taken a liking to you and your "Royal Attitude". Once you've been in this school as long as I have, you tend to just go with the flow."

A little weirded out by all the attention I was recieving, I just continued to eat some chicken and rice when another thought came to me. "Hey Yunoto, how come people were staring at you earlier? You said that you weren't the most "rule abiding person", but how?"

He seemed to hesitate at this and just shook his head slowly. "I...When I first started out in this school, I didn't really want to be here. But since my family was pretty high up, they wanted me to go to the best possible school." Shaking his head, he took a sip of water. "I didn't really care where I went to as long as I could just do whatever I really wanted to do...."

I gave him a confused look. "What was it that you wanted to do?"

He just shook his head. "It's nothing important. Anyway, because of all my piercings and "Rebellious attitude"", he rolled his eyes, "Everyone just stayed away from me." He looked at me and I felt a bit self concious. "Except for you....why is that?"

Shrugging, I snatched his water bottle out of his hand and took a sip. "You seemed really nice when I first saw you. Besides, I don't really make assumptions about anyone until I get to know them."

Smiling at me, he snatched the bottle out of my hand. "Well isn't this just a sappy moment."

 We both laughed at this and continued talking until the bell signalled the passing period.

Making our way to class together, I ignored the looks that everyone gave us. Looking up at Yunoto, I noticed the way that he looked ahead with a stoic face, but I could tell that he was weary of everyone. Smiling, I jumped so my arm was around his shoulders and pulled him to class.

"Come on, Yunoto~ You're too slow~" I exclaimed, noticing how others looked at us weirdly.

He looked at me with a shocked look on his face, but it quickly changed into a smile. Wrapping his own arm around me, he laughed. "Whatever Echizen~ You're one to talk~" He joked.

Looking up at him, I noticed he was staring at me with a kind smile on his face.

'I'll always be your friend, Yunoto'