A Monster

"Just let the power flow through your body, from your toes to your fingertips," Johnny explained, his eyes trailing over my body, pausing at my chest.

Perv...

"Flow through me?" I questioned, confused. What the hell does he mean by that? How am I supposed to do that?

"Yeah," he nodded, "let me show you."

He came over and rested his hand on my back. I flinched at the contact, mainly because I don't know him properly. He started guiding me and his hand slipped lower and lower until I turned and slapped him.

I stomped out of the training room, leaving him in shock. "Fury! Your dumbass mentor guy is sexually harassing me!"

I stalked off to find my dads hidden liquor stash. Once I found it, I grabbed a drink and sat at the table.

At that time both Dad and Steve walked in. "Oh," Dad inhaled sharply, "I'd watch it, Steve. She starts being really harsh with the truth when she's drunk. She won't hold a thing back. You should stay with her and watch her though, make sure she's okay."

*very much later, Kat is very much drunk*
"Kitten, are you okay?" Steve put his hand over mine.

"No, I'm not okay. I've had a shitty day. Scratch that, I've had a shitty week."

I gulped more of my drink.

"But you came back to us today, that makes today a good day."

I shook my head, trying to get my point across. "I was experimented on, Steve. I almost died and I was beaten, abused tortured!"

I took another gulp of my drink.

"I get back here and I'm instantly pulled away by Fury and told to train. Then, I get harassed by the guy Fury brought in."

Gulp

"I had to turn down your proposal. It wouldn't have been fair on you if I had said yes. Especially... I'll get to that in a minute."

Gulp. I'll need a new drink soon. My sixth?

"Not to mention, I don't even wanna be here! I don't like anybody here!"

Steve opened his mouth to object but I silenced him with a glare. Gulp. New bottle.

"I don't even like Aoife. I can't stand Thor, Clint or Natasha. I don't like Bruce. I don't like you, let alone love you! I don't even like my dad!"

He stopped me there. "So, why don't you move somewhere else?"

I sighed and gulped another drink. "I don't mean here as in the tower. I mean here as in Earth, the land of the living."

Gulp.

"I don't deserve to live, Steve! I'm a monster. I could hurt everyone if I get even the slightest bit mad. I may not like any of you but I don't wanna kill you all."

With that, I stood and staggered out of the room. "Kat, where are you going?"

I turned and shook my head. "Doesn't matter. I'm going where I belong." He didn't realise what I meant, he's so naïve. I sighed and staggered up the stairs.

I soon reached the roof, undisturbed. I climbed onto the side and closed my eyes.

"Kat?" I recognised the voice as my dads. "What are you doing?" His voice was full of worry and before that would have broken my heart. Now, I didn't care.

"I'm doing something I should have done before. I'm a monster."

I stepped forward and began falling. You would think that the wind blowing past my ears would be deafening but all I heard as I fell were my fathers screams.

Goodbye world, there's one less monster to worry about now.

Hey penguins...
Oh my god, I wrote this four days ago and I still can't believe that I did that! I'm so sorry but that's how I felt it should end.
aoife2313 I do actually love you, ignore what Kat said. That was simply her thoughts.
GAWD, IM IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTIONS!!
I think that there'll be one more chapter (an epilogue) and then the book is over.
-Milly