The Mission

"We have to go to Russia for a mission. It might be dangerous. It's only for two weeks though."

I sighed, looking at dad through teary eyes. "Why?"

He came over and hugged me. "I'm sorry, princess. We can't tell you."

I nodded, absorbing the news. "When do you leave?" I directed the question towards everyone.

"Two and a half hours." Crap, two weeks of nightmares and no-one to calm me down. Wait, I have Aoife. It's not that bad.

"We have to go pack. We'll be back in a little bit." Bruce left, along with Steve. I left before dad could and went to my room.

As soon as I sat on my bed, the tears began falling. I closed my eyes, trying to calm down when I heard the door open. "Kitten, you okay?"

I couldn't lie to Steve so I said no. "What if you and dad don't come back? What if something happens to one of you? How would I cope?"

He looked shocked that I was thinking like this. "You've been up here crying for an hour, Kitten. Didn't you realise?"

I guess I was so caught up with being worried and sad that I didn't feel the headache I had or the burning in my throat.

When we reached the top of the stairs, I started to feel dizzy and as soon as I went to step I fell. Steve tried to catch me but he was too late.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion. About halfway down the stairs, I felt a pain in my chest and side. Feels like a broken rib. Crap.

I felt myself hit the floor and I stayed where I fell, not wanting to aggravate any more injuries.

"TONY!" Steve yelled.

Dad ran into the room, took one look at me and called an ambulance. I probably don't need one, I think it's just a broken rib... and a head injury... and a sprained ankle.

"It'll be okay, Kitten," was the last thing I heard before I passed out from the pain.

*2 days later*
I woke up, groaning. This room is much too bright. I felt pressure on my right hand and looked over to see Steve.

He was asleep on one of the awful hospital chairs. He's gonna hurt his back.

I gently shook him awake. He opened his eyes and smiled at me. "You're awake. You've been unconscious for two days. We postponed the mission for a week." I nodded, taking it in.

"Injuries?" I asked, my throat burning.

"Ummmm... a broken rib, sprained ankle and a cut on your forehead. Also, you got a text from someone named 'Thor Fucker', whoever that is."

I smiled and looked for my phone. Steve guessed that I was looking for it and pulled it out of his jacket.

I checked my phone to see a text from Feefs (also known as Thor Fucker). Hey, sorry, I'm gonna be at my parents for a month so I won't see you

Oh okay, ditch me for your parents then, Feefs.

"You can be discharged today, as long as you don't have a concussion."

The doctor came in and did his doctoring stuff. "Okay, you don't have a concussion. Your ankle is fully healed. Your rib is still broken so you won't be able to do too much."

I nodded, taking it all in. I seem to have a lot of information to take in lately.

Steve handed me my clothes, kissed my cheek and left so I could get changed. He had brought me a Captain America t-shirt. *sigh*

When he came back in, he answered my unasked question. "Your dad went home, I made him. He needed sleep."

I nodded and smiled. "Steve, take me home."

After we pulled into the tower, my throat already feeling better, dad came running out. He hugged me and didn't let go.

Geez, dad. I just fell down the stairs.

We went inside and it took me a few minutes to realise it was already dark. How late was it when I woke up? What time is it now?

My question was answered when dad said he was going to bed. "It's late, it's like eleven."

Wow, I woke up late.

Steve and I both decided to go to bed too. I went to my room, gathered my stuff went to the bathroom for a shower. I was already naked when I remembered the fact that I need help.

I wrapped my towel around my body and went to get help. I knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I opened the door and stepped in. "Steve, will you help me?"

Hey penguins!
Ohhhh they gonna be in the shower together!!!
-Milly