Epilogue

The funeral was two days after. There was no doubt that Kat was dead this time, her body lying on the street.

Steve never told the others exactly what she had said. He told them about how she felt she didn't belong and how she talked about her 'shitty day' but he couldn't bring himself to say the other thing.

That she never really liked any of them. He knew that it would kill them to hear it, especially Tony.

Tony hadn't left his bed since it happened. He got Pepper to organise the funeral, ensuring that Highway to Hell by ACDC was played as she was buried, just like Kat wanted.

He only got out of bed for the funeral and as soon as it was over, he climbed back into bed. He didn't even bother taking off his suit, he just slept in it.

Of course, he knew everything that Kat said. He got Jarvis to tell him. It broke his heart, naturally, but he noticed something.

Her eyes had a shine to them, a shine her eyes only get when she's lying. Maybe she really did love all of them.

Of course, thought Tony, she would want to lessen the hurt after she jumped. She wanted Steve to tell all of us what she said. Maybe, just maybe, she really did care...

Hey penguins!
There it is, the epilogue. Holy shit, I cried writing this. I can't believe this is already over.
I just want to say a massive thank you to every one who read the book, voted for it or commented on it.
Don't worry, I'm working on about five other fanfics at the moment so I might have a new one up soon.
-Milly