You messed with Jarvis?

I woke with a start, screaming from the nightmares. Aoife sat up and freaked out a little when she saw me crying.

The door opened to show Steve running in. I forgot that he knows about the nightmares.

He sat up beside me and held me close until I started to calm down. Suddenly, Dad ran into the room.

"Kat, are you okay? Spangles, give her to me, I can calm her down." He was already in overprotective dad mode.

I shook my head, already calmed down. "Nope, I'm fine. No need to worry, dad. We already discovered that Steve can calm me down."

He nodded and left, obviously exhausted. I turned back to Aoife to say she had already fallen back to sleep.

"What time is it, Steve?"

He checked his watch. "Ummm, 5:45. I was about to go for a run. I'm guessing you don't wanna come."

The very idea of a run made me laugh. "No but before you go give me a kiss."

He pecked my lips quickly and I sighed, disappointed. "I want a proper kiss. You need to be more confident. You need to strut."

He laughed and kissed me again. "That's better."

"Goodbye, Kitten."

I'm starting to love that nickname. I fell back asleep and woke at 6:30. Huh, I wonder if Steve's back yet. I see that Aoife is still asleep.

I walked to the bathroom and asked Jarvis if anyone was in there. "No, Ms Stark." Jarvis sounds weird, almost like he's trying to tell me something.

I shrugged it off and opened the door, surprised to see Steve... in the shower... naked.

I closed the door quickly. I hope he didn't notice.

"DAD, COME HERE!"

I heard him running, probably worried I had fallen down the stairs and died or something like that.

"Dad, did you mess with Jarvis?" I asked once he was standing in front of me. "It's just that I asked Jarvis if anyone was in the bathroom, he answered no but he sounded weird."

"Yeah, don't open the door."

I smiled at him. "Too late, dad."

"See, it's to prank St- wait, what did you say? Was he naked? How much did you see?"

I smiled again, trying to look as innocent as possible. "You know when they say the serum made his muscles big, they mean it made all his muscles big."

Dad's eyes bulged out of his head and he ran out of the room, covering his ears with his hands.

All of a sudden, I felt Steve's arms slip around my waist. I guess he was done in the shower. He kissed my neck and my jaw.

"I said be confident. Now, you're just being cocky."

He laughed as I turned in his arms. "How can I help you, Mr Rogers?"

He smirked at me, knowingly. "I don't know, how can you help me?"

I smacked his arm. "Steven Rogers, this is so unlike you! I kinda like it."

He leaned in to kiss me again but stopped when we heard a throat being cleared. "So, is this a thing now? Spangles and Kat. I don't know if I like it."

I turned to see dad standing in the doorway with an apple. A look of realisation crossed his face. "Oh, is that why you were okay with seeing him in the shower?"

Steve looked down at me. "In the shower?"

"I'll explain later, sweetie. And yes. We are a thing."

He smirked and opened his mouth to say something but Aoife came in then and smacked him upside the head.

"Ah, what was that for?" He asked rubbing his head.

She smiled at him. "I thought you were about to say something stupid. So I smacked you to avoid embarrassing Kat."

I smiled and nodded in thanks. "What happened anyway?"

Dad smirked at me. "She's spying on Spangles in the shower."

"I wasn't spying," I defended myself, "Dad was just playing a prank on Steve and made Jarvis say the bathroom was empty."

"And?" Aoife prompted.

"It wasn't."

She nodded but then swore, as she noticed the time. "Crap, I gotta go or I'll be late." She ran out without saying bye. Dammit, Aoife.

Steve kissed me and said that he had to go too. Apparently, Fury needed him and dad... and the rest of the Avengers.

"Bye guys. Be safe and don't, like, die or anything." Guess I don't have work today.

Hey penguins!
I'm lying here and I'm still sick and it sucks.
😞
-Milly