Heartfelt Conversations and Embarrassing Videos

Dad stood up, dusted off his suit and glared at me.

"Hey", I said in defence, "we weren't even shifting."

He just glared and walked away. At the door he turned back and smiled. "There's protection in my room, should you need it. Then again, maybe not. I mean, with Pepper being over here and everything." He knows just how to annoy me.

Ugh, Pepper Potts. I don't know why I don't like her, I just don't like her. I don't think she likes me much either.

After dad left, and I finished a quite impressive speech of enviable curse words, Steve started laughing.

"Come on, spangles. Heartfelt conversation time! You can ask me a question first"

He looked thoughtful for a minute, until he asked me a question I hate. "Why did you groan when your dad mentioned Pepper?"

"I don't know why but I really don't like her. It's probably because for so long it was just Dad and I, but then Pepper came along and he spends less time with me. I just don't like her."

Steve gave me a sympathetic look.

"That and she's a whiny bitch." He laughed. Oh Mycroft, it's so easy to make him laugh. "Ok, do you like Pepper?" I asked him next.

"She's alright, I guess. I haven't talked to her much. Who's your best friend?"

Oh, this one's easy. "My best friend is Kate. Wait, no! She was, apparently her and my ex were shifting. Your best friend?"

"Bucky." That was it. That was all he said. I knew I shouldn't have asked that question.

I started to say sorry but I was interrupted by dad. Jesus, he keeps interrupting us.

"KAT! THERE'S SOMETHING YOU GOTTA SEE!!!"

Steve got up from the floor and held out his hand to help me up. "C'mon Kitten."

"Kitten?"

"Well, you're dad calls you Kat and I wanted a nickname for you that only I call you. Kat, Kitty Kat, Kitten. So, Kitten was thrust into the light."

Kitten, huh. That is such a weird name. I like it. We walk into the living room and I look at the tv.

"Dear god, no. Dad, you are not allowed show this video."

"Why not?" Clint asked.

"It's a video of Kate and I when we were 17, at our first job. It was at the Captain America museum. We had to sing the song and wear the costumes."

Clint smiled and looked like he wanted to laugh. Dad played the video.

"Who's strong and brave, here to save the American way?"

I hate this, I hate it! OH MYCROFT, how I hate it.

"Who vows to fight, like a man, for what's right, night and day?"

Oh god, we even have the little flags.

When it was over none of them would shut up about it. The only one who hadn't said anything yet was Steve. At least, until I asked him.

"I thought it was cute, Kitten."

Dad glared at him. Jesus, dad stop glaring at people. "Kitten?"

Hey guys
How's the craic??? How do you like the story so far? I know that it's all fun and games now but shit will hit the fan, hopefully soon.
~Milly the Ginger