Shit Hits The Fan

"KAT! I'm going out. Don't, like, die or anything. I'll be back in an hour."

Jesus, dad, amazing parenting. Steve, Natasha and Thor had left. Steve and I trained for a bit and then Thor came up to hang out with us.

I heard the door slam shut as I sat on the couch. Of course, I put in Finding Nemo (legit the best film ever) and quoted everything.

After the movie ended, I realised that it was 10:30 and dad had been gone for almost two hours. Crap.

Alright, no need to panic, Kat. Just breath.

I went to my bedroom, put on my Slipknot tee that I wear to bed, and went to sleep.

I was having the nightmare again but when dad opened his mouth, there was a knocking sound. Either someone's at the door or dad's trying to say that he's banging someone.

I woke to pounding at the door. Jesus, one in the morning. Really?

I went and opened the door to reveal Steve. He looked worried and disheveled, as though he didn't want to have to do something.

"What's wrong, Spangles?" I tried to make him laugh. It didn't work.

"Kat, I'm so sorry but your dad was shot. He's unconscious right now and they don't think he'll make it."

It took a few seconds for what he said to sink in. I fell onto my knees, feeling a huge invisible weight on my shoulders.

My world crashed to my feet, along with my tears. My heart and lungs stopped working.

Dad might die.

There might be no Iron Man... ever again.

Steve helped me up and told me to get dressed. I just threw on jeans and one of dads t-shirts. It smells just like he did. No, he's still alive, stop thinking like that. I grabbed my handbag as well and was ready to go.

"Come on, I'll take you to the hospital."

We climbed into the car and drove off, Steve breaking the speed limit. We got to the hospital in record time but that didn't stop me from running.

"Tony Stark, where is he???"

The nurse on duty just looked at me, shocked. "I'm sorry, I can't give you that information. No visitors."

That bitch.

"I'm his daughter. Tell me where he is or so help me god, I will rip your head off and stuff it down your neck"

Oh, she looked genuinely scared. Woops. "Room 221"

I ran to the room and burst through the door. He was lying in the bed, hooked up to a gazillion different machines. He was a white as a sheet and he looked more peaceful than I have ever seen him.

I just sat beside his bed and held his hand. I couldn't do anything more. I couldn't talk or cry, anymore.

Soon, Steve cam in and looked at me. He could tell I was exhausted. "Get some sleep, Kitten."

"I can't, what if he wakes up? Anyway, these seats kill my back."

Steve just shook his head. " He won't wake up this early. If he does, I'll wake you up. You can sit in my lap, if that's better than a chair."

I nodded, sat in his lap and cried. I fell asleep, crying, for the first time in eight years.

Hey guys
I actually cried writing this chapter. That is either because of the intense feels or because it's 3 in the morning writing this.
(Maybe there's a reason she mentioned the whole not crying in eight years thing)
-Milly