21 Birthday! (Part 2)

I walked into my room and instantly saw the dress. It's beautiful, no? How in the frick frack did dad pick something so beautiful?

I noticed a note beside it and picked it up.

No, your dad didn't pick the dress out. Knowing him, he'd pick out something pink and frilly. Luckily, I'm amazing enough to know not to.
-Feefs the Amazeballs
P.S. I will be at the surprise thing

I put on the dress and blue heels, I even did my hair and makeup accordingly. I don't know why I'm playing along.

As soon as I was ready I left to go down the stairs. Nope, not texting my dad that I was ready. Why?

Because I'm badass like that.

I got to the bottom of the stairs and much to my surprise, Steve was standing there. Aww, he was waiting for me. That's so sweet.

"Wow. You look... I mean... you look... amazing"

I giggled as he stuttered through that train wreck of a sentence. "Anyway, Steven. Inform me of this surprise."

He nodded, smiling. "It's a party. Well, not so much a party party. It's very black tie, slow dancing."

Ahhh, no strenuous activities means no crazy dancing. That explains the slow dancing. Steve cleared his throat, catching my attention.

"Even though it's your birthday, your dad refused to wait. The party thing has started."

God, he's so hawkward. Ha, hawkward! I'm so punny.

"Well, then come on, Mr Rogers."

"After you, Ms Stark." I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the party, throwing open the doors. All of the avengers were here.

I looked around, trying to find Aoife. When I finally found her, she was dancing with Thor. I'll go annoy her later then.

Steve and I started slow dancing and we were dancing for maybe 30 minutes, just chatting, my head leaning on Steve's chest. "Kat?"

I looked up at him. Even in my heels, I was shorter than him.

"I just wanna try something" he whispered. He started to lean on and his lips just about brushed mine when-

"Happy birthday, Kat!" My dad called from the stage. "Where are you? I know you're dancing with the Capsicle but..."

He stopped as I glared at him. At least he managed to see me. He shrugged and walked over, pulling me away to talk to someone.

"Steve, you can try again later." I said as I smiled at him and when I turned around, I see dad had dragged me over to Bruce.

He looked like he was... no... he couldn't be... he was fangirling!!!

Dad disappeared so not even he could save me from this weird fan-boy-Bruce-Hulk-thingymajig.

"Was Steve about to kiss you?" I nodded and Bruce started pushing me back over to Steve. "You can start working with me tomorrow, by the way."

I went back to dancing with Steve when I noticed it. Dad would've objected to me going back over to Steve when he'd pulled me away.

He didn't complain which meant he was preoccupied.

"Steve, what's my dad doing?"

He looked behind me before answering. "He's dancing with Pepper. Why?" I turned around so quickly that I almost made myself dizzy.

"WHAT???"

I stormed over to them and tapped dad on the shoulder. He turned around and tried to explain before I interrupted him. "You promised she wouldn't be here. Dad, you promised."

He looked shocked as I started to cry. I stormed out of the room but dad was hot on my heels.

"What's the big deal, Kat? I know you don't like Pepper but really? She just popped in for a minute. And, think about it, when was the last time I broke a promise?"

I sighed. Does he really not remember? "8 years ago."

"Exactly," he looked smug, "so why does it matter if I break a teensy promise now?"

I broke down and started crying even harder. "Because the last time you broke a promise to me, mom died."

Hey penguins!
Oh shit really is serious now, huh???
Have fun with your crazy fangirl conspiracies.
-Milly