Chapter I

Cool breeze slightly pushed his hair up his forehead,as he gazes into the night sky dimly lit by the blue crescent. Harry checked his wrist watch,it was ten a'time. He noticed a slight turbulence in his stomach,he stood up from the silty sands of the Aroyai beach.

No one was present in this place as he watched the tides crash softly on the shore. A curfew had been announced earlier the day,citizens of Asgarbad were to be at home by 9 a'time.
From the distant,Harry could hear whistles ,it was the night guards. He had to leave quickly so as not to be caught.

He dashed out of the gates of the beach,banging the gates against each other. This had alerted the guards who went on the pursuit for Harry on their bikes. Luckily enough,there were only three guards on bikes that were on the pursuit for him.

Harry sped across the highway,ran into an alley only to lead to a dead end. The guards have surrounded the only way out which was the way Harry had entered from.

"Freeze,hands up in the air."

The taller guard commanded as he pointed his taser at Harry. Harry kept mute.
The guards were now closing in on Harry. A streak of enormous light in a square shape appeared behind Harry,the stinging light left the guards stunned as they covered their eyes.
"I am just not in the mood for this." Harry muttered as he disappeared into the light. The lights went off. Gone.

The second guard asked supporting themselves up:

"What was that?"

*****

"The Gotteract. You used it again."

Harland said as his hazel eyes meets Harry's hazel eyes also.

"Can you just get over with mom's death?" Harland asked.

"She's still there,waiting." Harry said as he looked out the glass pane. He viewed the rising of the sun from behind the mountain summit.

"Waiting for what? Harry,you tell me. Wasn't it our father's over experimenting that killed our mother? Hmm? Tell me." Harland added trying to prove a point but obviously wasn't.

"And our father is displaced into the timeline for over three years now,nothing from him." Harland added.

"Hader,please say something." Harry said as he looked to his elder brother.

Hader stood up from the sofa and he shared a couple of glances with Harry and Harland.

"Harry." Hader called softly. Harry loves him most for one thing. His calmness.

"We've all lost our people. And the planet may be gone anytime soon. Harry wants an answer and Harland wants Harry to move on." Hader said as he let out a grin. Harry and Harland stood there speechless. Hader's voice had always commanded silence. Calm voice.

"Asgarbad was a clue." Harry said.

"Can you just get off this 'time and balance' shit,okay?" Harland countered again.

The silence grew thick in the air.

"There's always a way. Only if we cared to look carefully." Hader advised.

"And,Harland." Hader called. "You gotta take Hayley to school."

"Sure,no problem." Harland assured as they all left the room.

Harry sank into the fluffy sofa. He looked up at the tiled ceiling and he remembered the last time he had seen his father. That day,their dad dropped them off at school and that was the last. He was only fourteen then.
Four hours later,the news came that his father has disrupted the timeline with a project that has failed. His father was thrown off into the realms to solve the problem he had caused with his own hands.
Harry went home that day,hoping to see his mum back from Asgarbad,but she was gone too. One fourth of the planet's population was wiped out. That year was one with cries and lamentations. The planet may come to its end very soon if nothing was done.

"Globally,there have been a low number of people volunteering to partake in the travel through the realms of Lyotae as risks involved are incalculable." The news broadcast came as Harry startled up and gave it more attention.

He pierced his gaze at the hologram screen on the wall by his side with keen interest.

"Obviously,it's a task of the highest risk and-" Harry switched off the hologram TV.

He fixed his gaze on the picture on the wall in front of him. The picture was hung perfectly few inches above the mantelpiece. He fixed his hazel glance on his parents portrait.

"Good morning,Harry." Hayley came as she bumped into Harry's arm.

"How was your night,pumpkin?" Harry said as he patted her hair.

"You were staring at mummy and daddy. When are they coming back from work?" Hayley said as she looked at Harry. All of them had the hazel eyes. They got it from their mother.

"Mum and Dad will be home soon. Don't worry,okay?" Harry comforted her. Hayley nodded naively. "It's time to go." Harland announced.

"Bye,go study." Harry said.
"Bye!!" Hayley waved energetically.
"Bye! Miss you." Harry waved also.

"Food is on the table. I dunno if you wanna eat." Hader came in dressed in his technician uniform.
"Alright." Harry said.
"Look here," Hader squatted before Harry and said:

"Don't mind Harland,he's only being afraid and loving like mum. I know you wanna partake in the travel to Lyotae."

"Do you believe that dad is still out there?" Harry asked as they looked into their hazel eyes.

"Yep,I know so. Dad is a survivor. We are survivors." Hader replied.

Hader patted Harry on the back and they left for the front door. Harry opened the gate on the front yard for Hader. "Be safe,brother." Harry advised.

"No problem,take care of your self." Hader said as he pedalled away into the streets of the outskirts of Kadkap.

####
Please, don't forget to vote and comment. It only gets better with your criticisms.