Chapter XIII

Harry and Bethany on crossing the viscous portal, fell down into a bottomless pit of stark emptiness as they screamed, the stinging lights from the portals in front of them bit into their eyes. Suddenly, the air took control in this brightly lit room, they floated in the air back to their position.

"That was a close one." Harry said winking at Bethany.

"So close." Bethany replied as they swiped through the air with their hands.

They plunged forward towards the biggest circular portal, different from the others sidelining it. Light poured out of it, it was neither viscous nor dyne filled. It was complete air here. They floated as they went into the lit portal, air had its work done. Gravity took control.

EARTH PRIME.
In one down thrust, they fell to the lush green grasses. They stood up quickly, looking up, searching for where they had come from, but they only saw the clear blue sky and the glowing yellow circle in the sky.
They looked around, they were surrounded by standing stones, taller ones behind the shorter ones arranged in concentric layers. Circles!  Harry thought in his mind.
Brushing off the grasses from their suits, Bethany asked:

"Where are we Harry?"

"Earth prime, it seems." He replied still wondering exactly where they where. This was a whole new place. Beautiful atmosphere, he mumbled.

"But," Harry turned to look at her.       "where are we?"

Harry shook his head as the familiar unrecognized voice shouted from within this maze of standing rocks:

"Stonehenge."

"Who's there?" They yelled as they checked all crevices of the rocks but found no one.

"Harry." The voice called again.

"Dad." Harry shouted as he leapt up in search.

"Behind you,my boy." Mr Gardnan said stretching his arms, Harry bumped into the receiving arms. Harry sobbed with his head on his father's chest as he was patted on the head.

"My own, pumpkin." Mr Gardnan called, Harry still wrapping his arms tight around his father, never wanting to go off him.
Harry tried saying something, but he couldn't, abruptly, he stuttered in his speech.

"It's okay, I knew you'd come for me." Gardnan said as he let Harry out of his muscular arms gently. He looked his son up and down and saw the drastic changes. He was radiating with such smile that could illuminate a whole planet, the emotion was high in the new air. They took each other into their arms again.

"Dad, meet Bethany." Harry finally said wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Beth." Harry's dad called with his bold and loud voice. Bethany stood there speechless wanting to say ' It's a pleasure to meet you '. Mr Gardnan smiled again as if all was right as he gestured towards her.

"Spare me the pleasantries." Mr Gardnan said as he took them both into his arms.

"Let's leave." Mr Gardnan gestured towards the space between the standing monument of Wiltshire, England.  

***
"Yeah, you could make yourself feel comfortable." Mr Gardnan announced. "Feel at home."

"It's a beautiful home." Bethany complemented.

"Home? That's funny." Gardnan replied. "This is a mansion."

The room they were in was lit by glassy chandeliers hanging above them and a fireplace in front of them. The room was tiled with white and ash, the ceiling was painted white. The floor was covered with brown wood, arranged in parallel strips, with a furry green carpet, where the small table stood over.
"There was an opening at the Stonehenge revealing two humanoid aliens.  Scientists and researchers are on the look out for the aliens. This could be an opening for space probe in the century and-

"It seems you've got yourselves fans from around earth." Mr Gardnan said as he came down the luxuriant beaming staircase holding  something he pointed towards the flat screen as it came to a mute.

"Yes, what are you here for?"  Mr Gardnan asked.

"Time balance." Bethany said as she adjusted herself on the comfy couch, putting her hand on the arm of the couch, she belched  out not too loudly.

"And space balance, too." Harry nodded as he looked at Bethany sitting beside him.

"Hmm." Mr Gardnan nodded impressed. "Someone has been going through my books."

They all chuckled, as they wore a serious face again.

"You know what?"

"What?" Harry asked paying keen attention.

"Is the cuboid with you?" Gardnan asked switching glances between Harry and Bethany.

"Yeah!" They nodded as Bethany brought it out from her pocket. A black cuboid, about fifteen centimeters. On one of its large surface area was inscribed the same alphabets Harry saw at Carvanor, in the bowels of the Nivian sector. They were arranged to form a circle, the letters glowed emitting blue dull lights.

Without much words, they understood what the glowing lights meant. The closer it is to the next portal, the brighter it will get.

"Where do we head next, Mr Gardnan?" Bethany asked putting her right palm on her cheek and resting her right elbow on the brown leather of the couch.

"Weren't you told?" Mr Gardnan asked.

"We were. Maybe, she has.... forgotten." Harry said defending Bethany as he winked at her.

"You," Mr Gardnan pointed at Bethany. "Call me, Gardnan. We head for Pasteoloid, next."

Harry who was now tired let out an ear shaking yawn. He stretched his upper limbs as he inclined on the soft back of the couch. Bethany did the same.

"Tired?  You could use the room upstairs. Just go left and the last two rooms are free. Goodnight!"  Gardnan  said with a powerful tone of strength. Bethany has already realised who Harry got the ' voice ' from. They dragged their foots on the stairs as they headed for their rooms in this luxury.