Chapter VII

"You have made a lot of fans and haters now. I don't blame you. You have also made them see the truth." Gavin, Bethany's dad assured.

"Have a good time with my daughter and don't go too far." Mr Gavin winked a familiar eye at me.
Harry left the house first.

"Beth." Mr Gavin called.

"Yes, dad." Bethany replied.

"Don't lose that guy." He said.
Bethany only gave a coy smile, maybe a blush revealing her bright milk teeth.

"No problem, dad." She assured.

"Bye."
"Bye." They exchanged.

The two soon-to-be-lovebirds headed out towards the hills of Aarad, firstly in silence. This silence was become unbearable. As they got to the foot of the hill. Bethany broke the impounding quietude.

"This is so beautiful." She said with her lips slightly opened.

"Do you come here often?" She asked.
The question was met with a cool wind shaking up the shrubs on the hill. They got the top, it was a wonderful scenery, this is where you could view the expanse of Lyonta. The dim orange sun was setting across the distant horizon leaving the sky tainted with shades of orange.

"Yes." Harry said.

"So, what next?" Bethany asked expecting something.

"See, you have been a good friend to me." Harry admitted. Friend? Bethany wondered.

"It's painful I'm leaving without knowing if I would be back." Harry said as they chatted on and on and on until this: "Look, I've been wanting to tell you this but-

"Hold it right there. You could tell me when you are back." Bethany interrupted as they pierced themselves with their eyes. Their hands were now locked as they sat besides each other on a bench. The proximity of their faces closed in.
This was it. Tears trickled down Beth's eyes. Harry was broken to see her in this condition. In one clean sweep, he took her into his arms. They stayed like that for about a minute, then they parted.
Now, I have a reason to make it back. Harry muttered to her as they left, teasing themselves as they went down the hill. It was blissful they got quickly in tune with the each other.

***
Hope you liked it. Please, drop a comment and hit the star button below 🔽 to vote. Thank you for reading.
Brace yourself up for action.