Chapter XV

ACCRA, GHANA.
Accra Marriott Hotel.

After they left the airport, they headed for a five star luxury hotel. Its facade was luminous. In the foyer, Gardnan was welcomed with a lot blinking flashlights and cheers. He signed autographs. Harry was so f-ing  confused, later, it was explained to him that his dad was a globally known philanthropist and a whooping ass billionaire.
Just then, Harry asked himself the question: Does his father really want to go back to E23?

"This is another makeshift home. Make yourselves comfortable." The billionaire said.

"Yo dad!"

"Yo son.! Any confession?" Gardnan said with a quick grimace.

"Always.  The Blue Cuboid is blinking rapidly and brighter." Harry announced with grave concern when Bethany came out wearing a black Adidas  trouser with three white stripes on its sides, and a pink, wide big floating pink T-shirt.

"Yes, it must. We're very close to-

"Pasteoloid." Bethany completed.

"Hungry? Come to the table." Gardnan announced.

"You really are a chip off the old block." Bethany said nudging  Harry on the side. They stood tall, side by side, shoulder to shoulder.

They sat on  thick plastic chairs, on the shiny silvery table were three plates of white grains. Rice, Gardnan had called it.
Quickly, they finished it and started what they had come here for.

"We are dealing with portals. Isn't it?" Gardnan beseeched.

"Yes, of course. Portals all the way." Bethany gushed while Harry nodded his head.

"And it's by luck and fate you guys made it here."

"Maybe!  One of us couldn't make it."  Harry mumbled as he sniffed.

"Yeah! It's really really sad to lose such a man. An adventurous one." Bethany supported.

"I'm sorry." Gardnan said. "Anyways, it was said that I caused the time and space disruption over there in Earth23 and I'm-

"What the F!" Harry exclaimed. "Did you just say E23 is Earth23?"

"We live in the Earth realms?"  Beth asked as she unconsciously gaped.

"Yes, you do. There are a lot of things I have learnt here," Gardnan said as the juveniles were still recovering from the jaw dropping banger.

"that weren't over there in E23. Wonder why this place is called Earth Prime?" He asked as he walked to his backpack and brought his phone and connected  it to the rectangular screen on the wall through a cable.

They moved closer, took a sit and got clipboards to receive lectures from E23's alpha scientist.

"Alright. Uhmm!  You mentioned something about time disrup-

"I know, I'm coming." Gardnan interrupted Bethany as he was stuck with the remote, face attached to the large TV hung on the wall above the fireplace.

"Welcome, Professor Gardnan." The AI program synced to the TV  greeted.

"Thank you, Amy. Upload the triple basics of Dyne mystery, please." Gardnan requested.

"Sure. Triple basics uploaded." Amy announced as Gardnan who was standing tall, obstructing the view moved aside to reveal the rendering of a dyne particle.

"It took me five years to discover the theory behind every dyne particle. And finally, I developed a dyne portal to travel through any of the realms, from anywhere." Gardnan paused for a glance at the TV.  As calm as a cat, he continued.
"It was a success, I was about to announce this ' mind blowing ' discovery  when.... the scumbag came, altered the reaction and sent those dyne portals I've created, he, that scum sent them all over E23 and displaced a quarter of the the population into different places in each realms."
Harry  remained silent after experiencing the outrage  his father had just vomited. Mr Gardnan calmed down again as he sniffed and put his palms over his face.

"And who is this scumbag?" Bethany growled feeling the same rage Gardnan felt.
"They call him.. Gava." Gardnan announced. His demeanor proved he wanted to bust the skull out of Gava,the scumbag.
Mr Gardnan  pulled of his brown leather jacket, threw it on one of the unoccupied chairs.

He removed his tie also, breathing heavily, he sat down on one the recliner, the footstool received his legs. He heaved sighs, as he chest rose up, down, up, down.

"Dad." Gardnan looked. "Who's this Gava?"

****
Her elegant legs were across his thighs, on the two-seater armchair, they gazed at the moonless sky from the balcony.

"What do you think about Gava?" Bethany asked dropping her legs off Harry's thigh. She now sat close to him waiting for an answer.

"My instincts tell me he waits for us."

"How do you know?" She asked.

"It just does. If I get my hands on that guy, I'll keep his mask." Harry joked as they chuckled. "You?"

"Me? What can I do? Help you get the mask off  his treacherous face." She replied as they laughed even more. Then, the silence closed in on them.

"Tomorrow, we may be at Pasteoloid. Uncertainties." Harry said as he squinted at Bethany.

"We'd make it." Beth assured ran her hand through his hair. "We still have the ' alpha scientist ' with us."

"The last time, we had an adventurer.  I'm afraid. Anyone could go next." Harry said with concern as they were now facing each other. Bethany took Harry's hands in hers, pressing it.

"Your fate is left for you to decide, and yes, uncertainties abound. Purpose beats uncertainties. Right?" She asked and Harry nodded. She brought him closer, eyes to eyes, nose to nose, took him into her chest, putting arms around him, she kissed the top of his head. As they muttered ' I-love-you's ' to each other, they looked into the star lit sky.