Chapter IX

It was a stark dark void. No motion was   going on in here, in the distant seemed to be very minute blurry spotlights. The one in the middle was quite bigger than the others, it  is the road to Arcagon they were informed of.
"Hit the lights on." Jones ordered as the headlights propagated round the void. Few metres away bustled with random movements, dyne particles. Brown stones of varying size moving at random velocities. This was going to be really tough to get through, even with the dyne shift.

Three consecutive hits by these stony masses could damage the jet critically.
Slow and steady, they went closer as they got even more attentive. The dyne   shifters were in position and ready for some shifting by electromagnetic repulsion. The beads appeared all over the body of the pod except the wind screen that was partitioned into three. They were made of the hardest substance available on E23. That was Obsidian 6H. 

Mr Jones holding the drive stick gave the team more confidence. This was gonna be a rough ride as the dyne particles never   stopped for any sake. And in one dive they went, on and off the pod  went dodging through stones, ducking and whizzing at high speeds against high speed traveling masses can seem to be disastrous. You could get caught anytime.

"Watch out for that!" Bethany yelled as Mr Jones with the quickest reflexes moved out of the way of a light stone, missing the pod's anterior propeller by inches. On and on, they went ducking and running, attracting and repelling dyne particles.

In a moment, they could be out of here with no scratch. A heavy mass dropping from above hit them unexpectedly, taking them off course for a while. On descent into endless space, the computer program shut off by itself. Clang, their windscreen got shattered, another hit by a small stone went straight for Mr Jones, blood splashed on the control board. He sat on his chair unmovable. Their pod jungled over as it incurred more serious injuries. Bethany had already passed out, this was going to end miserably for Harry. Hit upon hits, it rained on the pods, Harry now whose arms flailed in the air had also unconscious. Their ships went down into the Eternal space. Gone.

CARVANOR
The sky was fully lit with azure, the top of aesthetical architecture swept the whole environment till they were bowing to the horizon. The light source was calm and eerie, it stung his eyes.

"Bethany." Harry shouted.

"Be calm, young fellow, third son of Gardnan." A soothing voice said as Harry turned. She wore a white gown with a blue robe around her shoulders. She wore a golden crown which fitted nicely finding its rest on her rather say small head. This whole room and outside  was just shining sky blue. Blue? Harry thought. Yes, this is it? It struck him, instantly he knew where he was. Carvanor, he had made it through a realm of Arcagon. Had his father also made it through? This question also bothered him. No, it didn't. This lady had earlier mentioned his father.
"Where's my father?" Harry demanded as he felt a raging ache in his head, he realised he had bruises on his bare chest. It then came to him. Stones. Random movement. Mr Jones. Dead. Bethany.

"Where's Bethany?" Harry shouted again.

"I'm sorry, who?" The crowned lady asked with the  most caring voice he had ever heard. Blue eyed people were ones Harry always wanted to see.

"The girl." He replied.

"I'm sorry,  The lady paused bowing her head not knowing how to put it.
What had he done? Harry broke into a cry of agony as the guards on yellow and blue got him down into the soft bed he'd gotten up from earlier on. He sobbed as long ropes of tears rushed down his cheeks.

The lady giggled in admiration and said:
"You got it all wrong, Harry. You've got it all wrong."