Chapter XVIII

Harry  stopped on the track as he heard  his father shriek in agony. Long drips of  tears flowed down his cheek, the anger burned in him as he turned a tail. He moved forward but wouldn't, he was been held back by the Loids with their unbeatable powers.

"Decisions that crash all hopes are to be avoided, Harry, son of Gardnan." The First Loid said. That was really true.

"Help him, please!" Harry cried still pushing forward but couldn't. He felt the mellow hand on his.

"Please, Harry, don't go." Bethany sobbed. "Don't leave me. E23. We can do this."

"Don't worry, there's time and space displacement. You can do anything with it." The First Loid smiled hovering in the air. It all made sense. They all started moving as they got into the fort through a hole in the ground. They followed a fully lit tunnel, then up archaic clay  stairs they went.

They appeared before a platform, in a fully lit room. Harry and Bethany were placed on the platform while the Loids hovered across them evenly spread across the test room.

"You have to prove that you didn't steal the Blue Cuboid by passing through a test of knowledge." The First Loid announced.

"How good are you in your time education?" Another Loid asked.

"Well!" Bethany said, Harry, face palmed.

"Three questions!" The Loids said in melody.
"What is forever constant?" The first Loid asked.

"How old are you Ar'ad, the First Loid?" Harry asked confidently.

"I'm as old as time, son."

"Time!" He shouted. "That's  the answer."

"Hmm!" The Loids hummed, quite impressed. Bethany smiled at Harry with utmost admiration.

"What is varying, and therefore unpredictable?"

"Uhmm! Space, of course." Bethany joked.

"That's correct!" The Loids said. "Last question."
This was getting interesting as if it was a class discussion.

"In history, there are many sources of derivation. What's the best for time and space displacement?" The Loids asked.

This was a sure hard nut to crack judging from the way the pair racked their brain intensely. They had seen it before, they consulted each other but still couldn't get it. Then, it came to Bethany.

"The cyclic processes." Bethany said briskly, not too sure. It took a time, the faces of the Loids became expressionless.

"No, one more wrong answer, that's all."
Harry racked his brain. Then he remembered it.
"Wagnerder." He muttered to himself.

"The KUNTZ theory!" He said.

"Oh!  That's a wrap. You're wrong." The First Loid said. Harry and Bethany felt down  all of a sudden, in the silence, they were awoken by what came like a thunder:

"You are granted passage to time and space displacement."
Harry leapt up taking Bethany into his arms raising her off the floor and swaying from side to side. They revelled in joy and ecstasy of the moment, great joy welled up in their hearts.
The Loids allowed them enjoy their moment before they said:

"When you're done, come to that room."
The Loids  left the room and entered through a door, off they went.

They sat on the platform's edge, both gazing into the room they were told to be when they were done. Bethany heaved a sigh, she then proceeded to place her head on Harry's shoulder, instead, Harry placed her head on his thighs making her lie down. He sniffed in constantly, still thinking about his dad..
"Look." She called as Harry looked at her. "Don't worry. See that room over there," She pointed. "You could bring him back from there, right?"
Harry nodded a yes as he wiped his face with his palm, withholding the tears.

"Now, give me that big hero smile... Please!" She requested in the captivating gush she made. Harry's head was now clear, everything has fallen into place. Then, it came. The smile, that shone all over his face, reminded her of Harry's father, Gardnan.

"Thank you, so much." He whispered looking down to her. She nodded back and said:

"Anytime."

"Can we go save an endangered species now?" Harry asked still smiling.

"Y.Yeah, sure. Why not?" She said as Harry helped her get to her feet. Side by side, with gracious smiles, they entered the T and S displacement chamber.