Chapter XIV

"Alright, c'mon, we need to go, now." Gardnan standing tall over his Renault Clio 200 said.
"Yeah, we're coming!" Bethany shouted.
They came out of the house, now looking like real British teens, they were in England. She swung her pleated skirt, here and there, with a white T-shirt, across its chest was written: Late night driving
Harry soon, too, came out wearing a denim jacket, with track pants to fit.

They sat in the car, wondering what it was, they felt the texture of the seats. Terrified, their hands clung to each other, tightly fixed. Bethany put on dark sunglasses as she wipes her crispy curly hair off her concave forehead.

"It's just a car. Like the omnicar." Gardnan assured with his forever youthful voice as he went out of the car to get something across the street where a shop just got opened.

"He's a noise maker." Bethany whispered to Harry who placed his head on the headrest, without even looking.
Harry looked out of the side window, saw his father coming out of a shop with small bags.

"Sure, he is."

"But, you're not." Bethany said smiling at Harry.

"I forgot to say this."

"Yeah?"

"You're gorgeous, I mean look at you, you are bossing it in another earth pro or whatever. You're beautiful." Harry explained looking at her not too long nose bridge.

"Thank you, you are cool." Bethany responded a little bit shy.

"With whose permission did you complement a girl, Harry? In my car? You will pay for this." Gardnan said as he placed the small bags on the other front seat.

"Nah! Come off it, dad. You told to me to always say the truth." Harry said quickly as they all laughed.

"In One, Two, Three we are gone." Gardnan announced.

"One, Two-
The car rocked heavily as they pulled up to the road, the two aliens looked out of the side windows often to see the intricacies of the architecture here.
Soon, they got to the Gardnan's Airlines.

"What's this building? Your name's on it." Harry asked bewildered. His dad has just been here for three years, and he now owns an airport.

Quickly, they took a long walk to the back of the airport where the hangar was. They moved at fast pace till they got to their destination, Gardnan's private airstrip. The craft on one end of the strip  was much more delicate and smaller than the others in the hangar.

They climbed on to it, they were welcomed heartily by a host, who kept staring at Harry as if he knew him from somewhere.

"Sir, are this your kids?" The host/pilot asked switching gaze between Harry and Bethany.

"Maybe. You know what?" Mr Gardnan asked as Harry and Bethany gave him a questioning look. Maybe?

"What, sir?"

"I think you should go into that cockpit and take us to, you know where." Gardnan said as he patted the pilot on the back. The pilot with a gleeful grin, wore his black cap and said:

"Enjoy the flight."

"Flight?" They both asked.

"I thought this thing was going to move on land."
"Fly? We'd fly?"  They said looking terrified.

"Strap yourselves in, put on your  seatbelt. The private jet is about to take off. Thank you." The announcement came over the radio on the wall.
They strapped themselves in and the engines rocked. Later they were in the air gliding over the morning cool clouds.

"What's that glowing ball?" Bethany asked pointing towards it.

"It's the sun." Harry rubbed his palm over his jacket sleeves. "E23 has only gotten two moons. Blue for nights and dull yellow for days."

"No wonder, it's so bright here. Isn't it?" She asked Gardnan who was glued to the piece of rectangle put perpendicularly on top of another making an L.
No answers came. The silence enveloped the flying room again. Harry got bored of it as he asked one more time:

"The Blue Cuboid is blinking more faster and brighter." Harry announced as his father gave only a smirk.
Then Bethany demanded:

"Where are we going, exactly?"