No hope

After school, Edward offers to drive you home but you tell him that you have to go to the hospital to visit your mom.

"Should I come with?" He asks.

You respond, "I want to be alone today."

Edward nods understandingly and you drive to the hospital.

Dr. Cullen walks over to you when you enter the hospital. "Y/n, I need to talk to you." He says.

You look at him with suspicion. "Y/n, your mother has a few hours to live." He says in a soft but sad voice.

You look at him with shock. "W-what?! No. No. You have to be lying. S-She can't go. Not yet!" You start crying and panicking. You are hyperventilating and everything is getting dizzy. You feel lightheaded.

Dr. Cullen helps you sit down against the wall. "Y/n, look at me." He says in a gentle voice.

"I-I can't." You cry.

Dr. Cullen says, "Put your head in between your knees."

You do so and you start to calm down.

"Where is she?" You ask.

Dr. Cullen helps you up and takes you to Renee's room. You take one look at your mother and your heart sinks.

"I didn't think it would go this far." You say.

Renee wakes up and looks at you. "Charlie?" She says.

You look at her with sadness. "No, It's me. Y/n, your daughter." You say.

She looks at you with confusion, "I don't have a daughter." She says.

You dart out of the room and start crying outside her door.

Dr. Cullen walks out to you. "I'm sorry all of this is happening." He says.

You look at the ground. "My world is being crushed. I feel like it's my fault." You say.

Dr. Cullen looks at you. "Y/n, none of this is your fault." He says.

Suddenly, a continuous beeping comes from the room and you both run in.

"MOM?!" You scream.

Multiple doctors come running in, they try CPR and they try jumping her heart but it doesn't work. You run over to her bed but Dr. Cullen holds you back in his arms.

"Y/n! Calm down!" He yells. You start trying to fight him off of you, swing punches and elbows in his direction. You are screaming. You start kicking everything around you. "Y/n!" He yells.
You don't stop, you don't calm down.

You turn your head into his shoulder and you start crying. He takes you outside the room. "Y/n, everything, will be ok." He says in a calming voice.