"I can be your family"

You fall asleep crying in Carlisle's arms. Edward is walking by to look for Carlisle, Carlisle was supposed to be home an hour ago. Edward sees you and immediately runs over to you. "Carlisle! What happened?!" He asks. Carlisle looks at you and then Edward. "Her mother just died." Carlisle says. Edward picks Y/n up and says, "We should take her to our house. She shouldn't be alone." Carlisle nods and drives you and Edward up the mountain to the house. You slightly wake up, "Edward?" You ask. Edward smiles and says, "Go back to sleep, you're safe." You fall back asleep. Carlisle pulls up to the driveway. Only Esme is home, the others are in Alaska visiting some friends. Edward carries you inside and places you on the couch. "Who is that?" Esme asks Carlisle. Carlisle explains everything to Esme. Meanwhile, Edward has you in his arms on the couch.

At 11:00 the next morning, you wake up somewhere unfamiliar. You hear two voices behind you and you sniffle, still remembering what happened last night. Edward walks over to you, "Are you feeling ok?." His kind, gentle voice asks. You nod, "Where are we?" You ask. Edward hugs you, "We are at my house." Tears start falling down your face. Edward wipes away the tears with his thumb. "I-I can't believe she's gone, she's the only family I had left. No aunts, no uncles." Edward looks at you. "I can be your family." He says.