The Dark

You wake up and see that you are laying in a hospital bed. You see the IV cord and you panic. You go to rip it out of your arm but a cold, hard hand grabs your arms. You look up at him.

"Y/n, relax, I'm here." It is Edward.

You immediately wrap your arms around him. "Edward." You say.

Edward rubs your back and lays you back down. "Are you hungry?" Edward asks.

"A little." You say.

"I'll go get you something. Be right back." Edward says. He kisses you on the forehead and leaves.

You look at your injuries. There is a cast around your right wrist and there is a huge cast on your entire right leg. There are bandages all over you. You can't move your left hand.

Carlisle walks in and you are trying really hard to move your fingers. "Let it rest. It will get better." He says as he sits down on the bed.

"I-I just can't move it." You say.

Carlisle looks at you with sadness. "I need to look at your leg. It might be a little painful." He says.

"O-ok." You say.

Carlisle carefully removes the cast from your leg and he touches it. You close the fist on your right hand from the pain. "Y/n, stop. That will put strain on your wrist." He says.

"But, it hurts!" You say.

Carlisle hands you a stress ball. "Try this." He says.

You squeeze the stress ball and it pops. You start crying and you shut your eyes.

Carlisle puts the cast back on. "Hey, open your eyes."

You shake your head no.

"Come on, we can work on moving your hand." He says.

You open your eyes and nod. Carlisle takes your hand and starts moving it around.

"I can't feel it." You say.

"I know, but you will. You just need time." He says.

Edward walks in. "Hey, I got you some stuff."  He puts a plate full of fruit, veggies, cookies, candy, water, and other snacks next to your bed.

"Thanks." You say.

"Remember to take your meds." Edward says.

"Wait, what meds?" You ask.

"There are some meds there to help with your stress, pain, and sleeping." Edward says.

You grab some pretzels and eat them. 

"It's about time for the meds." Carlisle says.

You read the bottle. "High levels of Melatonin." 

"N-no." You say.

"Why? You have too." Edward says.

"I don't want to be in the dark again. It reminds me of, that room." You say.

"Y/n, I will be right here by your side." Edward says. "So will Carlisle."

You take a deep breath. "Ok." You take the medicine and your eyes begin to get heavy. You grab Edwards hand.

"Goodnight Love." Edward says.

Your eyelids close.