The Cullens

A few days later, you and Edward are outside your house after school. You are both standing near your truck. 

"I'm gonna take you to my place tomorrow." Edward says.

"Wait, with like, your family?" You ask.

"Yeah." Edward says.

"Well, what if they don't like me?" You ask.

Edward laughs. "So you're worried, not because you'll be in a house full of vampires, but you think they won't approve of you?" "I'll pick you up at 6:00." Edward leaves.

You grab the mail and walk inside your house. You place the mail on the table and start going through it. You come across a bright orange paper that says "Eviction notice." You keep reading and you have a month left in the house. You decide that you need to get a job. You start researching jobs on your laptop and there is a job for a cashier, 12 bucks an hour. You apply and the interview is at 5 tomorrow.

You look at the clock and it is 5:30. You immediately get up and put on some of your makeup and you put on your Moms diamond necklace and your dads old cop bracelet, it is blue and gold and it says "In this family, we never fight alone." You brush your hair and you head outside. 

Edward pulls up in his silver Volvo and he walks over to you. "Are you ready?" he asks.

"Yeah." You sit in the passenger of the Volvo. Edward puts on some of your favorite music on. "I'm so nervous." You say.

"Why are you nervous? They won't suck your blood. I promise." Edward says.

"I'm not nervous because they're vampires, what if they don't like me?" You ask.

Edward pulls up into his driveway. "Y/n they are going to love you." He smiles at you and opens your door for you. He open the door of his house for you. 

"Edward, this place is amazing." You say. "Its so open and bright."

"Did you expect coffins?" Edward jokingly asks.

You laugh, "No."

Edward takes your hand and takes you upstairs. He guides you into the living room where everyone is. You walk in and you see a bunch of pale faces look at you.

"Hi guys, this is Y/n, Y/n this is my family" Edward says.

Alice walks over to you, "Hi! I'm Alice! It's so nice to meet you!" 

You smile, "It's nice to meet you too!" 

Everyone else introduces themselves and you all talk for a while.

"J-Jasper." Alice says.

Jasper runs over to her. "What do you see?" 

"They're closer than we thought. They are right outside." Alice says.

"Who are they?" You ask.

"Nomads. Human blood drinkers." Edward says.

You freeze. "W-what?"