Prologue

"Are you really going to be okay with all of these boxes?" Leon asked as he handed me what seemed to be the box containing the bedsheets.

Exceptionally, he had negotiated a day off so he could help me move into my new apartment.

I nodded.

"Why wouldn't I be? I love those bedsheets." I replied as he shook his head, happily sighing.

"Bedsheets, right..." He remarked as I gave him a little slap on his shoulder.

"Yes, bedsheets. You know, for a bed."

He grinned.

"She sure has an ulterior motive. " He joked as I reddened.

"O-of course not! Y-you have nasty thoughts, Leon." I replied as I tried to calm myself by looking away.

Where's the box containing the books, anyway?

I raised my gaze just to see I had left it on the doorstep, available for all to see.

Obviously.

But I didn't happen to reach the door thanks to Leon's intervention, who had caught me by the waist as soon as I tried to make another move.

"You're red." He jokingly said as I pouted.

"Must be your imagination." I quickly replied.

He grinned as if he was satisfied with my answer.

As he let me be, I sighed.

"You could've just stayed at my place." He ended up asking as I went for the other boxes. 

I rolled my eyes, giving him a bothered stare.

The problem with "staying at his place" was that it was way too early to do so. And I was also pretty sure he wouldn't be there, so I just wished for a bit of personal space. 

After all, it was only the second time I had a place of my own, and I wished to experience the "living alone" thing a bit more. 

"Leon, we've already had this conversation..." I began as his eyes narrowed.

"It is just too soon for me. I mean, it's been only two years and a half since I-" I began to explain as he nodded.

"I know. I just want you to know the offer still stands."

I smiled lightly.

"For now, I just want a mailbox with my name on it." I replied as he grinned even more.

"For the name, we can both fix that pretty-" He began to say as I put my hand on his lips, stopping him from finishing his sentence.

I sighed, trying to keep calm as I felt my whole face redden again.

"O-one more word and I'm throwing my shoes at your face."