Chapter 19

As I opened my eyes and mechanically began to initiate my departure from the bed, I quickly regretted having to do so as the aftermath of the alcohol made its appearance.

Oh damn, my head hurts.

I let myself fall back onto the mattress, with only one desire at that moment: to recover the remaining crumb of my dignity.

As I buttoned my shirt, I had a slight flashback from the night before, seeing Leon lying next to me, wearing the black t-shirt that I had given him.

A smile appeared on my lips as I remembered how I managed to make him wear it.

The fact that I had to use a wrestling move to get him to put it on...

I sighed as I stretched a little, looking at the alarm clock next to me which showed that it was nine in the morning.

I turned to Leon, who still seemed to be sound asleep, which oddly made me smile even though his hair was a mess.

I bit my lip.

How can he be so handsome, seriously...

I got up quietly and began to cross my room, trying not to move like a cow even though my head was as heavy as a brick.

As I calmly opened my wardrobe to take out clean clothes, I heard Leon sigh as I threw him furtive glances.

You're still asleep...huh?

At that moment, more preoccupied with my potentially disastrous physical appearance than wanting to spend time with Leon, I grabbed my favorite dress, which was a gray dress with bare shoulders, a belt that marked my waist, and a cascade of fabric that fell to my thighs.

I then headed to the dresser containing my underwear and had a huge doubt when I opened my drawer.

I don't think I will ever get used to wearing so little fabric, even after three years.

I debated with myself about choosing my most comfortable underwear for a relaxing day, or more risqué ones with the possibility of having to undress.

I bit my lip and cursed myself for having these kinds of thoughts as I ended up going with the second option, nervously scratching my neck as I left my room.

You have to stop having these kinds of thoughts!

Now that we had crossed that line, I had this feeling that it was something natural, which made me envy this kind of contact too often.

It's impossible to be THIS obsessed...

As I deposited my belongings in the bathroom, I quickly changed my mind about the order of my morning routine as my stomach loudly growled. I had my usual breakfast of hot chocolate and biscuits while sitting in the living room, too lazy to open the blinds to let light in.

As time passed, I found myself continuing my painting from the last time I had left it on the floor, wedged next to the laundry room door since I felt a slight wave of inspiration take hold of me.

"You're not going to shower?" I heard Leon say as he kissed me on the cheek, making me slightly blush.

"Yes, yes... I just had a little impulse, I wanted to take advantage of it..." I replied softly as he stood beside me, covering his mouth with his hand as he yawned.

"What are you painting?" he eventually asked as I thought, looking at my painting in a vague way as my mind wandered elsewhere.

"Something that strangely makes me nostalgic, I suppose..." I answered as he calmly wrapped his arms around me, feeling his breath on my neck as I continued to paint.