Chapter 3

"So..." I whispered as I took a sip of my hot chocolate, typing frenetically on my computer's keyboard with the other hand.

My final test was a week away, and I was fine-tuning the final details of my knowledge.

Gladly, the president had allowed me to access the government's database concerning bioweapons, so I decided to go for a bit of digging.

I sighed as I scratched my neck.

It was the T-Virus, huh...? At the White House.

Strange how quickly the virus spread, considering the fact that everyone is supposed to be vaccinated.

Why can't I access the data on the incident, though?

Maybe it has not been published yet.

I let my head fall.

Suddenly, my phone started to ring, so I quickly closed my computer, taking a look at the screen.

My eyes widened.

It's Leon...!

But strangely, after I picked up, nobody seemed to be at the other end of the line.

"Hello?" I said multiple times, waiting for some kind of answer.

But, it was deadly silent.

Strange...

He isn't the kind to call someone by accident.

I sighed as I hung up.

Whatever he'll call again if he really needed something.

After dropping my phone on the table, I finished my hot chocolate and went back to my research.

So I decided to go back right to the beginning and look for any kind of data related to the T-Virus.

That's where I saw an intriguing report explaining its beginnings in the Arklay Mountains.

However, the location of these mountains seemed to be a bit... nonexistent.

I looked for a map of the United States, trying to find these weird mountains, but nothing came out, even in the regular browser.

Strange.

Why are they mentioned only in this report?

I sighed.

As I continued on reading the original report, another name quickly came.

Raccoon City?

I smiled weirdly, dazing out for a minute.

If I don't find anything about this, it's definitely the most covered-up thing I've ever seen.

And, contrary to what I thought, a dozen reports popped up as soon as I entered the search.

Oh...?

I clicked on one of the files and started reading it, avid for knowledge.

Apparently, it seems like the virus has gotten out of the "Arklay Mountains."

I sighed as I realized I had finished my drink.

As I put my cup in the trash bin, I did not take my eyes off the computer.

This report is a real mine of information, it's crazy... the person who wrote this has worked hard.

Then, a series of details started to bother me.