Chapter 15

"Are you feeling better?" asked Will as he sat next to me on the bench.

I took a sip of my hot chocolate and tilted my head, searching for the right words to answer.

Outside, the sun gently caressed my shoulders, reminding me that summer was approaching quickly.

I started thinking about Leon's birthday, realizing that I didn't even know the date.

A wave of sadness overwhelmed me, my eyes starting to moisten as I tried to dismiss these thoughts, waving my hand.

As I glanced at Will, I realized that he too was lost in his thoughts and finally addressed him, apologizing.

Will jumped slightly, but his smile remained kind.

"Don't apologize. I'm glad to see that you're feeling better," he replied, his eyes shining with warmth.

I started thinking about the conversation I had with Leon earlier, realizing that Will's advice would probably be a good one.

"Will, if I tell you something, can you promise to keep it a secret?" I asked him in a soft voice, knowing that deep down he would surely understand.

I started telling Will the story of my "friend" who was having problems with her boyfriend.

He grimaced as I continued my story, immediately stopping me. My heart stopped for a moment, realizing that he had understood that I was talking about myself.

"Sorry, it's just that it surprised me. I didn't know you had a boyfriend. In fact, I hardly know anything about you, it's scary," he said, crossing his arms, trembling slightly.

I looked at him, surprised that he had understood so easily. He dropped his head and laughed slightly.

"It's crazy, damn it," he said in a slightly broken voice.

I bit my lip, feeling a wave of guilt overwhelm me, and gave him a worried look.

To my surprise, he didn't get up and stayed by my side, ready to listen to the rest.

"So, I... I don't know. I've reached a point where I've never loved someone so much, but it just doesn't work like that. I find myself alone at home, painting depressing things and drinking wine when all I want is to have just one more second with him... " I confessed, my voice trembling a bit.

I calmly wiped away the tears that began to form at the corner of my eyes, thinking I had cried enough for the week. Will sighed at my words and quickly summarized.

"So if I understand correctly, he's ignoring you because he'd rather work?" he asked as my eyes widened in horror.

"No, it's not that, it's not his fault..." I quickly replied as Will shook his head in denial.

"Even if it's not his fault, it doesn't work. The fact that I found you like this, in this state, makes me think he's not even trying. If there was a minimum of trust between you or commitment on his part, you wouldn't be in this situation," he explained as I stared at Will, helpless.

He was right, but I couldn't just give up. I nervously crossed my hands, almost crushing them together under pressure, and felt Will's hand rest on my shoulder.

"Sometimes, it's okay to give up. Really," he added.

His sentence was the final blow and I began to cry harder, not knowing what to do anymore.

"Hey, hey, don't cry! It'll be okay, really!" He tried to reassure me as he gesticulated all over the place, trying to cheer me up as best as he could.