Chapter 6

AN: Hi everyone!! 

Have you been enjoying RE4 Remake?? 

On my side, I've done it over and over!! I still can't believe they managed to make such an incredible game... 

I was maybe thinking of doing another version of my first book (a separate one, based on the new game). Would you be interested if I did that?

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter, see you next week!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Leon's POV

"Are you kidding me? She's injured!" I remarked as I could hear Hunnigan sigh at the other end of the line, feeling my blood slowly starting to boil as my hand began crushing the phone that was in it.

As Lucia's arm was getting all stitched up by the doctors in the other room, I had to get out as soon as I noticed I had multiple missed calls coming from Hunnigan.

Seemed like more vacations were out of the question for now. 

I sighed as I didn't get an answer from her immediately, clenching my fist as I almost smashed the vending machine to order soda.

She's just finished her training and they already assigned her to a mission...

"It's not my fault, Leon. Since she signed her contract way before and because you're on a break, she's the only one we can reach now for this mission. I'm truly sorry." She said as I sighed.

I get what I deserve, I guess.

I gazed thoughtfully at the emergency room, as I saw Lucia go through the doors with a bandage covering her entire left arm and a splint on her wrist, which made my eyes widen for a second since it was looking even worse than what I initially thought. 

Strangely, she didn't seem to be worried at all, as I could see her smile from here.

She's fucking incredible...

I somehow had a hint about the way she became like this but knew it would only lead me to ask about what kind of pain she had to experience before.

And I knew I could get an answer to this question by myself, even by not asking for details.

Los Illuminados...

I sighed.

"Leon? Are you okay?" Hunnigan asked as I quickly came back to my thoughts, placing the soda can I had just bought on the seat next to me.

"Yeah. When is she supposed to go?" I asked as I continued to watch over Lucia, which was casually chatting with one of the nurses, her brown hair softly following her head as she nodded multiple times to what she told her.

I almost choked on my saliva, for a second.

Cute.

"Tomorrow morning."

I frowned.

There's no way she heals up in one day...

"Nobody else can take the mission?" I asked as she ended up sighing too. 

"No. I'm sorry." 

Then, I have no choice.

"I'll take it, then." I ended up replying as I could hear Hunnigan gasp on the other side.

"Have you told Lucia about it before you took this decision?" She asked as I slowly laughed, my gaze still fixed on her from afar.

She doesn't know her.